John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

Before my time but seems pretty fair kicking off if you had the temerity to go with the above.

2 Likes

The storm of 2 days ago was a nice swell yesterday, and calm as millpond today. Looks like we have all come to terms with this.

So as we approach 2020, think of the list as young, think of the game plan as more of the same, with a tweak, and think of a result of 9-12 th come round 22. Don’t believe any of the hype, wait to see how we go against this years top 4 sides. Then by the bye, permit yourself a glimmer of optimism.

Or, just think of how you approached 2016 and start the season with that in mind. That way, the only way is up.

2 Likes

Worsfold’s 6PR radio interview from the other day is worth a listen.

1 Like

With all that spinning, I wonder if X ever gets dizzy?

1 Like

There were a number of posters who sussed out the major issue that brought about the succession plan. FindingNino mentioned it as far back as May 2018 and again in March 2019.

The fact is that this issue never gained traction on this forum, I guess maybe because it was Johns personal business. But now we know that basically John was never going to continue beyond 2020, in fact he was a year by year proposition from the time his family moved back to Perth.

I am a bit amazed that posters seemed to discount the issue as a factor over the last 2 years. I suppose quite a few posters have a wife and kids. Very few seemed to think it might be problematic? Yet even now some feel that he has been “sacked”.

1 Like

If the team was flying and winning finals and contending for a flag last year/this year may have made the pull of him going back home / the club wanting him to stay on beyond 2020 different. Then again Bomber Thompson left Geelong after losing the prelim to join Essendon in 2010 and the Geelong team won a flag in 2011. The pull of something else can be great regardless of success.

Finding nino got abused and derided, but turns out he was right the whole time

2 Likes

Woosh said it was hard on his family not on him

He loves footy and immersed in being coach. He said in his presser over the journey been too immersed in it at times to detriment of family.

1 Like

You don’t think it would effect you, if you know your family isn’t coping well with it

They coming to see him regularly in Melb

Many families have scenarios where have a parent working away a lot of the time, even internationally. It happens.

He doesn’t sign a new contract unless it’s an agreed family decision and as he also said family committed to one more year and making it work

I don’t think it affects him. Nothing seems to!

1 Like

If it did, he would never admit though, at least not publicly

#bringbacknino

1 Like

5.40 minute mark - all you need to know

4 Likes

I get ninos intent, but I don’t think nino got why woosh was there in the first place.

And his delivery and persistent whine didn’t win him friends either.

But he saw something in woosh, how I’m not sure, in a coaching sense that may have been there abouts.

1 Like

Big fkn assumptions

Woosh’s demeanour due to missing his family. Woosh was disengaged due to missing family. Woosh not coaching to best of ability because missing family. Thus team underperforming.

If anything you could say he was able to invest more time into coaching / reviews etc because family weren’t around all the time taking his focus away/distracting.

Seeing them every now and then is how it’s been as he said. They come over a fair bit.

1 Like

X even said that John could have a role after 2020, if the problems with his family could be sorted out owtte. The implication is that the family issues come from the other side not from John. Clearly he is /has been trying to deal with it, and head it off for as long as possible. Its about being forced into a decision due to family pressure.

1 Like

966 posts since my last visit! Can somebody give me a brief summary of what’s been said? What is the consensus opinion on the succession plan?

Franga has re-signed so it doesn’t matter

FRANGA FRIDAY

2 Likes

Don’t worry, it will all be re-hashed in the next 966+ posts.

5 Likes

Briefly the nuffies from Blitz all hated Woosha and were determined to stop supporting the Bombers if he continued to coach.
Now the succession plan is in motion, Blitz loves him again.

3 Likes