John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

wait to JLT

1 Like

I’d love our team to be known as the torpedo kicking Bombers!!! Surely one day a team will rediscover that kicking torpedoes is a real weapon. Especially kicking for goal from 55/60m out, with a crowded flooded forward line.
I grew up watching Noonan, Fields, VanDerHar, Fletcher, Blight, Busustow, Lyon, Roach, Rocca and many other lesser players regularly kick the ball 60 plus metres; no one does that any more!!! why can’t we reintroduce that skill???

3 Likes

Pffft…bring back the drop kick for real distance and the stab kick for short distance accuracy and speed to the leading player.

1 Like

I dont know why we don’t use Hartley or Francis long kick as a weapon more on kick outs.

Hit one of them up 35-50 out, block their running lane, get them to play on, set up on the forward corner of the square. Pump it long to that position or anywhere towards the boundary.

3 Likes

Otherwise known as the Nino plan

3 Likes

I had a number of issues with worsfold as coach, he couldn’t coach.wouldn’t tag but let other team tag our players sometimes useing 2 tagger,he didn’t have any tactical nous,wouldn’t use the tactic of other team how they won,like when Hawthorne won against Engles,he was afraid to play new player,like long spent 2years in the reserve without playing a game,worsfold should only have got one year contacted,big mistake giving he extension

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply.

1. [Guess] Because X and Tanner don’t want to pay the $ and/or admit they were wrong to extend by sacking him, and perhaps think (rightly or wrongly) that it might help Rutten transition in too (though that might be the sort of clever rationalising you do because of the lack of said $ or cojones).
  2. [Not a guess, very obvious] Because it wasn’t clear/known at the time of the extension?

The effectiveness of this succession plan will be largely determined by Wooshas capacity to give Truck the reigns,and really just guide him when HE feels its required.

I don’t care about the optics of John still being head coach. What wont work,is if if ego comes into play,and there are disputes between the two at times.It would be particularly damaging on match day.

Good news is,I don’t believe Johns character appears to be ego driven.

I firmly believe Truck WILL run the show starting day 1 of preseason,and Woosh will almost 'consult where required.

So externally I know it’s Woosh head coach,Truck coach in waiting.

But I hope the reality is,Truck head coach,Woosh coach consulting/support.

2 Likes

I still think a succession plan is a bad idea.

Should have just sacked him outright and gone into the new season with optimism rather than scepticism.

2 Likes

I don’t.

Maybe, but to be fair they couldn’t lay a finger on Marx.

2 Likes

Cause Hartley is a liability when the ball is coming in. If he had a few more tricks he’d be ■■■■■■ good defender, but he doesn’t seem to have been able to improve enough.

1 Like

Happy birthday Woosha!!

yep, the best thing we can hope for in this is as little a ‘succession plan’ as possible.

lol. This club is a joke and the masses just lap it up.

Incredible.

The only thing you ever post about is your hatred for this club. What does that make you?

1 Like

Yeah, Dons supporters just lapping it up. Dumb as dumb. You’re the only one who gets it. The only one on top of it all.

3 Likes

You realise that is purely your personal perception? The club doesn’t hold it, just you do, and maybe other people who share a similar view.

The club is going into the season optimistic and that’s all that matters.

4 Likes

That’s all that matters?

Please :joy:

Whether you are optimistic or pessimistic about the upcoming season or the coach succession plan has absolutely 0 to do with how we perform.

How the club feels about it matters, how you feel about it doesn’t matter (in the sense it doesn’t impact performance - we on Blitz care of course).

If the club believes in what they are doing has no impact on results either.

Only results matter.