John Worsfold

Howlett was injured, therefore unavailable. Blitzers believed Hocking was cherry ripe to go, but are now crying that he was no good. That is a player issue, not the fault of the coach, if his performance underwhelms. We don’t know what instructions were issued to players, so not sure that he wears all the fault here. Caaarlton were up for this game, we weren’t.

Hate how mckenna loses his spot in the first team and players that did ■■■■ all preseason get straight in. Unless woosha has straight up set it up so the returning players prove to be a dwindling flame and he can move on to the kids. However that’s an insidious move and to copy @Peeto
A Jose Mourinho thing to do.

1 Like

Woosh has never seemed as convinced about Connor as Blitz is.

2 Likes

No-one is

Because they’re all halfwits or sand gropers.

I’m both of those.

7 Likes

It looked like the half backs & wings decided (correctly) early on that the big switch was a suicide kick. And that’s been a prominent feature of our ball mkvement first two weeks.

1 Like

Eh…I don’t entirely agree.
I mean, yeah it was, because their backs pushed up and zoned better when the ball was in Carlton’s forward half. Something we seemingly refused to do.
So yeah, the switch kick was an invitation to be buried in congestion (that was accepted, a lot), but would have been fine from the hack kick turnover.
They had plenty of them (part of the reason for the marks discrepancy, and of course that snowballed), because they set-up for it, we had bugger-all.

Switch and speed could have been a factor.
It wasn’t because we didn’t let it be.

Don’t understand why we kept persisting with the long kick down the long along with the quick ball movement. The weather wasn’t assisting and it was obvious that it wasn’t working. And why wouldn’t you have someone play a defensive role on Docherty? It seemed like he was out-coached, yet when they went up to him in the box, he was just sitting there.

Would have been more concerned if he wasn’t in the box.

1 Like

Come again?

we will find out how , good a coach that John Worsfold will be,
he has failed already the game against Carlton lack of a plan b

Banner thread done and dusted my friend.

1 Like

I really, really, really want to believe that to the cameras he’s all “yeah that’s an excellent question” but internally he’s got Zaka and others up against a wall. But I remember hoping the same about Hird.

3 Likes

Habib pls

1 Like

Is there any chance people here may be over evaluating where the list is right now. We beat the Hawks (they are off) Brisbane, and got beaten by Carlton in a slop. They took it to Melboune the week before.

2 Likes

I’ve never known a time on here where that wasn’t the case.

In fact, it’s almost a prerequisite for following footy, no matter who you barrack for.

10 Likes

One side over values while the other finds little value. It’s like perpetual motion.

Perpetual emotion.

[quote=“dambuster, post:2173, topic:2976, full:true”]Perpetual emotion.
[/quote]

Perpetual emotional roller coaster.