John Worsfold

It’d be shocking luck if his “burn out” at West Coast - his wife leaving him - happened again.

4 Likes

The fact anyone would even think to question let alone bag the Coach at this point of the journey, is frankly farken laughable.

4 Likes

Dear John…

I always thought he was immensely overrated, not going to lie about his skill now because he coaches Essendon.

1 Like

Just
Farking
LOL

1 Like

Exactly

‘Unprecedented’ doesn’t even begin.

He’s been served up the biggest ■■■■ sandwich coaching job in the history of ■■■■ sandwich coaching jobs and methodically got on with his job because he’s a professional.
Boring as batshit, but he’s a professional.

6 Likes

What makes you think you’d know an over rated coach if you fell over one?

What parameters do you use? Personal experience, drunken couchtime observations?

It’s bizarre you think you’re in any way qualified to make an assessment.

Please tell us all what evidence you have to make such a claim?

Anyone from inside the Eagles say anything of the sort?? Any other AFL coach current or former say any such thing?? Any of his assistants at the Eagles?

Please, … enlighten us with all your data that proves that judgement.

Or is it just the “Vibe” you got, just coz?

2 Likes

He coached the greatest midfield of all time and I personally think they underperformed considering the talent they had.

Not to mention possibly the worst illicit drug culture the games ever seen and he either had no idea it was going on (which is bad) or did know and looked the other way (which is bad).

For these reasons I have never thought much of him as a coach, and I have thought this way long before we ever hired him.

1 Like

Appreciate the response, but I could turn every one of those arguments on it’s head, & say I think it’s fkn incredible he was able to manage that side & the warring internal cliques of players, as well as an ignorant turn a blind eye management & board, and somehow get them over the line for one flag, … let alone just missing aa 2nd by less than a kick.

Sorry, but you really have no idea how hard that would have been from a man and team management perspective, … let alone getting them to play footy together well enough to do it.

2 Likes

Everyone one is entitled to an opinion. What makes you qualified to say he is a great coach?
Everyone on here is quick to denounce Clarko and call him a ordinary coach yet I’d have him rated a million times better than most coaches in the system.

4 Likes

I never said he was a great Coach.

I don’t really have a clue if he is or not,… but there’s way less evidence to think, let alone conclude, he’s a shitt one.

I’ve already said I’ll begin to form some less than valid opinion, even though I’ll try not to, somewhere near the end of this year.

But I wouldn’t even put too much stock in that until about halfway through the next.

And I don’t know how anyone here could do so.

What do they say? Every great Coach had a great team??

There’s plenty of good coaches that never had the team that could get them a flag, and plenty of lesser lights that did.

It won’t matter whether he’s a tactically good coach or not if the side produces too many incomprehensible performances like yesterday. The decision making and skills were some of the worst i’ve ever seen. Most of that is in the players heads, although i personally have a theory that its also linked to fatigue before the game was even begun. Thats Woosha’s challenge.

2 Likes

Some of the most ridiculous commentary in here ever seen

Face the facts. Our list is not that good.

I for one had high hopes before season proper, probably unrealistically high but those hopes have been tempered because the reality is most finals worthy sides have core group of 25-30yr olds who put in consistently good performances.

We don’t have that core right now.

And we especially don’t have that core in midfield/HBF of physically mature and at the peak of their fitness which can drive the team. Those that have bought into the belief of two way running.

Easy to be frustrated. But frustration is merely when expectation does not align with reality.

The reality is as Dodoro has eluded to that the core is going to come from Zerrett, Raz, Daniher, Parish, Langford, LAV, Francis, McGrath and co.

Buckle in everyone as this year is going to continue to be bumpy as will the next few until that core can rise together just like the Dogs have done.

7 Likes

When I see this message “post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged”, I’m keen to know what was said.

3 Likes

I formed my opinion about his coaching long before he joined Essendon. He coached for 12 years at WC and I concluded after that he was just an average coach, I didn’t even say he was a ‘■■■■ coach’.

However I personally think Clarkson and Beveridge are the two best coaches ATM. And we should at least look into seeing where Clarkson is at.

Now all of my posts are opinion based, every single stupid or smart post made by anyone on this site is opinion based, that is the entire point of it.

2 Likes

He might be building up to something exceptional.
Dunno.
But I’m not really having this ‘you can’t say’ stuff.

Melbourne lost two talls and we selected a side that looked shorter than them.
We dropped Francis.
Fair enough, if it was too short a break.
But we didn’t bring back the guy he replaced in Langford.
We didn’t bring Stewart in.
We brought in Howlett.
No-one here thought that was a good idea.
It turned out that was not a good idea.
We lost Ambrose pre-game.
We replaced him outside the emergencies with Dea. 186cm.
Significantly shorter than Heppell.

Everyone knew our clearances were down.
We did not bring in Hocking. We did not bring in Bird.

We brought in McKenna for Kelly and Gleeson for Stanton.

None of that made any sense.
Now if it had worked I’d be in here saying they were great changes.
They did not work.
They the opposite of worked and that was not surprising.

15 Likes

Can you quote even one post that says Clarkson’s an ordinary coach?
Complete strawman.

1 Like

I thought TVB was laughing at my comment, and I just asked why that was the case. however didn’t see he had quoted someone else, still getting used to the new site.

I see. No where near as controversial as I had built it up to be inside my brain.

1 Like

Hit the red pencil, it often says