John Worsfold

All true and I do see the logic behind it, even if I don’t agree. I would just give kids more leeway than they’re being given, and be a bit more realistic about the older guys in the group.

He has been there sort of with West Coke, sorting out players and their dramas etc. He has more of an idea which could be very little, than anyone else that was on offer, after Bomber and Hird. No one can say how this year will play out, however, if the team keep playing like this, it will sort itself out fairly quickly. Until then its all smoke and mirrors.

It will be interesting to see how we come up in our next few games. Because it could be said we hit the wall after half time against Melbourne and slid down into the trough of the bell curve. Many of the players looked sluggish and tired. Many of those players, weren’t the ones who had been banned for twelve months and coming back into the brutality of AFL.

I personally think Woosha has got the balance pretty well in terms of man management.

He’s made Hocking and Howlett earn a spot and he’s given Watson an opportunity to run himself into form.

It would not be a good look for Jobe to be playing VFL.

I actually think other than the Carlton game we have exceeded expectations so far. But thats just me.

Woosha bashing a massive over reaction

Fact is he needs to see what players are up to it and who isn’t from returning group.

And on present form hard to see how Watson, Stanton, Hocking and Howlett will get another contract. Myers TBC. Heppell, Hurley & Colyer have been good.

Also the Hooker back move for a few extra intercept marks is not going to be the difference in us winning games of footy. The fwd structure is working when we get it in there.

Allowing too many opposition fwd entries and farking up to many of our attempts to bring ball out of defence/through to our fwd line is the major concern. Our midfield is to blame for most of the issues in our team. It’s the cattle.

2 Likes

So you believe we exceeded expectations yesterday?

1 Like

I’m not looking at it on a game by game basis like most are but what I’m looking for are improvements in individuals and also improvements in game structures.

Yesterday we played with a different structure compared to what we have used so far this year because we were playing at Etihad and I think their is an opportunity to learn from it.

My expectations throughout the year aren’t measured in Wins and Losses but in getting players playing the brand of football that Woosha wants and and getting valuable experience into the younger guys.

I believe we will further improve as the year goes on and next year we should expect to see better results.

2 Likes

Did you forget about Hurley? Sign him up.

Most of the others - unless they improve. We’ll be throwing them a going away party @ end of season.

Hooker and Joey need a goal kicking coach, immediately.

I agree actually the ■■■■ you copped was pretty disgraceful.

I think Woosha is the right man for the job at the moment, i think at the end of this year he will do a lot of culling. At the moment he kind of has a club imposed obligation to welcome back the returning players. Once the year ends he might be more ruthless.

All this being said it’s rare an older premiership coach going to a new club is ever successful, especially in the last few years. Most of the flags seem to come from new young coaches with a new young team of assistants. I think if things really go pear shaped they might do similar to richmond initially and bring in a bunch of new or different assistants, instead of replacing the head honcho.

2 Likes

At what point do we start questioning him?

if we don’t win a final he should come under all sorts of pressure. He got a free hit last year, this year he/the team have to perform.

Agreed. People here carried on like he was the second coming of Norm Smith.

The truth is he won one flag by one point with arguably the best midfield of the last dozen years, aided immensely - as the players themselves have acknowledged - by illegal performance enhancing substances and who knows what else.

3 Likes

Almost an absurd bottom line given the circumstances.

Thankfully I think your view will be in the minority.

2 Likes

Woosha’s as good as we could get at the moment. Let’s face it purely and simply we ain’t got the cattle.

4 Likes

This guy can’t coach and ■■■■ me if they extend his contract. It’s the Knights era all over again.
Take a close look at the game plan.
The players aren’t playing for him.
You can see how cold he is. He has never shown the players any emotion
He isn’t an Essendon person.
He is there for the Money Only.
He ■■■■■■■ CAN’T coach.

Farken hell!! Is it a full moon or something?/

That is a post to end all posts. Joined April 5th eh??

Total of 7 posts, … 6 of which are bagging the Coach, … & in no small measure either.

I think it’s time we start questioning you.

4 Likes

I think he is the right man for the job currently and don’t want him sacked but he shouldn’t be immune to criticism either. He has made some shocking selections and some poor onfield moves, a good coach learns from his mistakes so I would hope to see some changes in personnel and tactics over the course of the season

5 Likes

I’ll question his comment post game re:Joe D kicking.

“He’ll be a lot better kick than he currently is if he works hard at it consistently,” the coach said.

If HE works at it consistently HE will continue to practice in a way that produces similar results.

Woosha and the club need a kicking coach right now.

Practice doesn’t make perfect.
Perfect practice makes perfect.

“He isn’t an Essendon person?” - yes that worked really well the last time we tried that!

And it’s ironic coming from someone who may very well not be an “Essendon person” themselves.

This is what I said the day we showed interest in him, not to mention he was completely burnt out at West Coast in his last year. I hope we give some thought before just re-signing him.

I truly believe we should at least inquire about Clarkson.

1 Like