John Worsfold

Today is the first time I think I’m starting to question him. His selection and coaching have been very ordinary from the Carlton game onwards

4 Likes

We’ve won 1 game in the last 5 and have Geelong, WCE, Richmond, GWS and Port in the next 5. Every chance we will be 3-9 going into the bye.

Light on facts, did you miss the 3rd quarter where both destroyed us in the middle?
Lost count of the amount of clearances both won in the centre in the third. Fyfe was well held to 9 touches in the first half and then had 10 in the third!
I lost my ■■■■ when Walters won the centre clearance for for about the third time in a row.
Hill was the other one that had free reign all day

I don’t know if he’s the man (I suspect not, but anyway). However he got served the greatest sht sandwich in the history of football. He gets a pass till next year i think.

4 Likes

You are a troll too. Its obvious.

The only thing that gives me hope about this guy is the fact he rebuilt West Coast twice into a top 4 side.

The longer that performances like this season occur however from him at the selection table and in the coaches box, the more I start to think that it was just dumb luck and not coaching nouse/skill.

Loses games every Thursday night.

promote this man

New blitz rule, Anybody calling out selection failures must also post the alternative selection that should have occurred as well.

11 Likes

Nah. They will be well held for at least 3 quarters. It will be one or two of their spuds that will tear us another new one.

fkg sandilands got clearances.

THE FKG GIANT TREE HIMSELF.

1 Like

You could call it a black comedy…with a touch of red.

The constant thread since 2000 is Dodoro. Worsfold’s biggest mistake! I know he has had a few hits but there have been plenty of misses. Compare Essendon to other clubs with similar or worse draft pick positions e.g. Geelong and Eagles. He doesn’t stack up!

Out: J. Worsfold

In: M. Knights

1 Like

Dodoro has been great the last couple of years with what we have been served up but we definitely had a bit of an ordinary patch from around 07-12 where we missed quite a few.

1 Like

who did we miss?

So far we’ve seen
Myers HBF
Zaha HBF as well as wing
Gleeson wing and BP
McKenna wing and BP
Baguley playing loose as well as BP
McGrath has had a run up the wing
Stanton HBF and wing
Even Zerrett has sat at HBF
Tippa has played FP and gone into midfield
Goddard has tagged, played inside mid and flank
And I’m sure there’s others I’ve forgotten

This is either
a) a lot of silly positional mistakes
or
b) a systematic look at what all of our mids & flankers can do

He has had 1/4 of this list for 2 off seasons & 28 weeks of footy.

8 Likes

Did we draft anyone from the 2011 and 2012 national drafts that we want to keep on the list other than Daniher? In 2013 the recruiting team made two brilliant selections in the ND and Ambrose in the rookie draft. However, with the picks used on Edwards/Ashby and Chapman we traded out of potentially the strongest draft since 2001 (late and rookie picks taken after 40 in the ND included Barass, Aliir Aliir, Riley Knight, Ben Brown, James Sicily, Jayden Hunt, Honeychurch, Sam Lloyd, Karl Amon, Jake Barett, James Harmes, Charlie Cameron, Anthony Miles, Sam Gray, Jake Kelly and Archie Smith).

3 Likes

2007: Myers ( jury still out ) but could of taken Dangerfield, Rioli, Harry Taylor, Callan Ward for instance
2008: Hurley was bang on. Zaka with our second pick over Hannebery or Sloane
2009: Melksham with our first, could of had Talia or Fyfe. Anthony Long at pick 33 when Max Gawn was pick 34
2010: Heppell nailed that. Steinberg, Alex Brown, Luke Davis ahead of Luke Parker, Tom McDonald, Puopolo.
2011: Kav, Jarrett and NOB over guys like Seb Ross, Lachie Neale, Brad Hill, Tory Dickson. Absolute howler of a draft for us
2012: Joe Daniher, gun. Ashby over Mason Wood or Membrey.

Obviously all clubs have bad drafts but felt we didn’t quite nail those 5 in a row.
In a perfect world and doing those drafts now I would have:
2007 Myers out for Dangerfield
2008 Zaka out for Sloane
2009 Melksham out for Fyfe, Anthony Long out for Max Gawn
2010 Steinberg out for Luke Parker, Alex Brown out for Tom McDonald, Luke Davis out for Puopolo.
2011 Kav out for Seb Ross, Jerrett out for Brad Hill or Lachie Neale
2012 Ashby out for Mason Wood

2 Likes

Jerrett from 2011, Gleeson from 2012.
2011 was a shocking draft by us

Ants stop, it hurts.