John Worsfold

Lol.
I’m not.

1 Like

I like yaco.

I would like yaco a lot more if he prefaced every post with ‘I think.’
And wasn’t so keen to show how right he was about a post he made six months ago which nobody remembers.

4 Likes

His "Good call by me post’ was funnier than filled but not to capacity.

2 Likes

Now I just don’t know what to think

Knows what he’s doing and doesn’t give a sh*t about what any of us think. Love it.

7 Likes

Holy ■■■■■

Worsfold is holding his nerve:

Playing Hooker forward.
Sticking with Zaka.
Sticking with McKenna.
Playing Myers for a couple weeks back to adjust to the pace then, bang in the middle.

This is his team.

No tagger.

No Hocking,Stants, Bobcat,Bird.

3 talls spreading tall defences.

And we have beaten current top 4 teams,two weeks in a row.

Compounding.

14 Likes

Today was just sensational football. With and without the footy.

I heard (perhaps here) that the team “eyeballed” Zaka 2 weeks ago and let him know what they expected from him. Result: An A grade mid pops into the side.

Likewise Joe is now running round like Nic Nat in career break out form, just dominating his opponents.

Good thing is. Worsfold doesnt care for politics.

He knows we are still a way off it and still building.

In the off season maybe we add some value and smart hard prospects.

We are up and about.

4 Likes

Goddard?

Hard-purely defensive.

Also Tippa on Mitchell in the first one and a half quarters, when the game was won.

Also, Hepp.

I’m more than happy to not have a pure tagger if players are prepared to sacrifice their natural game a bit for the team.

Hellooooooo Docherty!

Seriously.
This is what I’m talking about.
We’re getting better, and that’s great.
Seriously, it is.
But ■■■■ me if there weren’t some obvious issues that we’ve only just begun to address.

See how nobody is posting about the kick-ins this week.

That right there is progress.

1 Like

Hep destroyed Selwood last week, Colyer did the same to Yeo today, as did EVERYONE on Mitchell.

Perhaps they’re not traditional tagging roles but it’s tagging Woosha style and I love it.

9 Likes

Our skills are still poor.
Goddard kicking out and missing a target 15 metres away to kick out of bounds and then proceeds to turn to Hurley and yell at him that the kicking direction was warranted.
Jobe running into an open goal 30m out and misses.
Hooker misses from twenty metres out right in front.
McKenna turned it over trying to pinpoint someone in the middle.
I don’t think Colyer hit a target in the whole first quarter.

But we are making less mistakes than we were six weeks ago so we are improving. And the gap between our best and worst is closing.

3 Likes

Goddard should be kicking out as often as Stanton.
ie: Not. Ever.

2 Likes

Agree.
I think when Goddard has time, he just makes a clumsy mistake. But when he is rushed and uses instinct, he makes the right choices and it comes off more often than not.

I think Colyer spent time on Gaff - I think he did a good job - I don’t think Colyer should be relegated to the VFL.

2 Likes

I don’t think a lot of us worked out that Colyer’s role had a significant defensive component to it until after the game. All we saw was him giving the ball back to the opposition a hell of a lot.

Be very surprised if on review most do not consider him to have done a good job and hope that he fixes his errant kicking for next week.

Then perhaps you should have watched the defensive aspects a bit more. I noted he stood Gaff many times at stoppage in the 1st half and that Gaff had precisely zero impact in the 1st half. From this I deduced that he’d done quite a good job…

1 Like

Yeah Samwoods, get it together mate!

5 Likes