John Worsfold

Well, there are usually only two or three teams that win consistently throughout the season. The rest are of varying degrees of mediocrity. We’ve been mediocre (or worse) for years. It would be good if this were the year we snapped ou of it

Hold your horses. Wait and see what happens in the next 3 weeks leading into the bye.

That being said, we can make excuses/reasons for our losses this year.

Carlton - ■■■■ weather, evens up the team
Adelaide - simply a better team
Melbourne - Kicked poorly and then faded
Freo - Faded

This week will give us a good indication. Are we just an inconsistent team that can play well against good teams and drop stupid games (like Richmond to an extent) or are we a genuine decent team that can play consistently not just week to week but quarter to quarter as well.

1 Like

Lid will be off if we beat the Tigers Saturday night.

This season is so tight that I think if we can hang onto the top eight a good 4-6 week period towards the end of the season could push us right up the ladder. Games like Richmond this weekend become a must win to stay on the pace. We can’t keep dropping winnable games like we did against Carlton and Melbourne.

2 Likes

If we beat Richmond think most will be lid off.

Thump them and all lid off

Classic 8 point game

It is a must win game for us to prevent the teams on the same points leapfrogging us. It will also give us confidence going forward. Go Bombers and beat these retenders by ten goals.

They will be desperate for a win but we sre very much in form and get up for big games. They wilt under pressure.

We should get the chocolates and also will get a severely depleted GWS next week with Griffen, Coniglio, Smith, Stevie J & Lobb out. And them playing a whole bunch of first year players.

Would be amazing to go into bye on 4 game winning streak and knocking off 4 big scalps in a row who were expected to feature highly in finals.

3 Likes

We play port before the bye.

Just want to win this week, don’t give a ■■■■ about the following week (yet)

2 Likes

Right you are.

Well 5 game streak knocking off Port before bye even better!

This the plan I reckon boys will be choc full of confidence after the last 2 weeks atm.

mini

final

It’s the inclusion of Camus that really ties this scene together.

4 Likes

I’m offended

I think we have seen great signs over the past nine weeks. Building teams of any type takes time, it is a process. There are still changes to be made across the playing group and ultimate game plan so nothing is settled as yet.

Woosha has a lot of options up his sleeve and he needs to be able to see how they all work under pressure. We will be a work in progress until we have the right players in each spot and the right spot for each of our players.

I would like to be tied together with Samantha Jade, don’t like the Camus bit . He can find his own diversion.

I’m usually the first to bag the coach but tonight was not him. We were mentally off but our skill errors and disposal and decision making was ■■■■■■■ appalling tonight.

Maybe the forwards got frostbite because the ball didn’t go down there but it was not the night for 5 of the 6 to have a ■■■■ night.

1 Like

That’s interesting. I’m sceptical of ‘off nights’. Generally, there’s a reason why a collective have an off night. I doubt it’s because their erroneous zones are all off the same time. I tend to a more scientific view.

I think Woosha is a great building and development coach, but think he’s an ordinary match day coach. He’s conservative, and reactive at best. I think we were outcoached tonight - and by that, I mean that Hardwick closed off our avenues to goal - the centre corridor, our small forwards. That’s what cause so-called skill errors and poor decision making, they are effects, not cause.

4 Likes

My thoughts exactly. Well said but I’m sure you will get shot down for it :slight_smile: