John Worsfold

I’ve always wondered whether people knew what their alters were doing.
Say hi to lynn for me.

Definitely has my tick of approval. He didn’t just have to coach a team, but he’s had to help rebuild a football club in it’s darkest hour. Done a terrific job and he is presiding over possibly the most watchable and exciting Essendon side I can recall since the 1999-2001 era. We aren’t even the finished article yet, not by a long shot. Next year I’m tipping us to really fly up the ladder!

10 Likes

One of the things I love about Woosha is the way he’s developing the team. I think it was an interview on abc radio on Saturday when he was asked (and I’m paraphrasing) ‘What went wrong in the last 4 minutes, how are you going to stop that happening again’

Cool as a cucumber he answered ’ Well I haven’t looked at it yet, I hope the players are going to tell me’

It’s leadership development 101 and I love it!

12 Likes

The query is whether he steps in when it really matters (a must win game to make finals, a final)?

It was probably me… I have a problem with moving on… it’s becoming awkward.

Probably not this year.

“Steps in” is this aka tags some opposition player who is slicing and dicing us, decimating us and singlehandedly causing us to lose a game and be thrown out of finals contention / lose an actual final ??

No, no chance.

To make a decision and tell the players what to do? instead of waiting for them to react after 2 hours of fatigue and exhaustion?

I think it’s important to remember that what a coach says to the media is not necessarily what, and how, he says it to his players. I thought this was very well understood.

3 Likes

You do realise this is Blitz you are talking to?

Ahhh yeah, sorry.
Carry on!

I think John has a great awareness of how to ensure the players remain focused on learning,improving, and gelling as a side.

And a small part of that is, by not buying into the negative questions the media ask.

He instead deflects,redirects, then reinforces what he is trying to make sure players themselves believe:

That the team will continue to get better as the year goes on.

Feels like it’s working to me, he just looks to remedy our inadequacies as a side without highlighting them in a public space.

I want him to speak more in depth, but I can now see his method.

1 Like

His inability to launch ferocious assaults on salted biscuits is a distinct negative for mine.

3 Likes

I just want to know why he hates Craig Bird so much.

1 Like

That’s aviary silly question.

7 Likes

In the presser: woosha, whydya hate bird do much?
jw: who? What? Which bird? who hates birds?
Nothing against birds or any other animal (besides
the farking swans) for that matter…" .

Might ruffle a few feathers.

1 Like

Hey, I’m down wit it.

1 Like

For some reason he’s at the bottom of the pecking order.

Bird puns?

Toucan play that game…

I’ll get me coat.

3 Likes