John Worsfold

We weren’t looking at next year 10 minutes into the first. Tippa ain’t a midfielder and neither is Langford

Hasn’t Langford been playing mid exclusively in the VFL?

I keep hearing on Blitz that Tippa should play more midfield. So with his speed why wouldn’t you try him in the first 1/4 and see how it goes? If it wasn’t for a whole lot of missed shots it may have worked.

yes

Mate. We havent even reached the end of the first year in which he can make finals.

Look at Hardwick now.

Hird was a good coach and would have continued but for the saga.

But he missed finals too.

So did Knights.

So did Sheedy on his 2001-2006 period

Bomber was 1 from 1 but from memory you wanted him sacked

Let me change that question, isn’t Langford being trained in the VFL to be a midfielder?

Good call.
Our last three coaches made fInals.

And by golly for each of them would have loved these players.

1 Like

It’s an ingrained culture passed on from generation to generation.
This year it should have been held to account straight after the carlton game, but it wasn’t.
Then anzac day people blew themselves over and over cos they managed to luckily play a team who merely played worse.
then the melbourne game happened, yet again no example was made or set after it.
then the richmond game came about, nothing was done, infact the only response from that game was to bring in stanton and howlett.
now today.

Worsfold at least can see the problems this club has, but as time goes on, he is showing he doesn’t have the answers.

He has prolly the rest of this year to stamp this soft underbelly of certain players out, otherwise it will be passed onto the next gen of players, and it will continue on into the future beyond this year.

The simple fact is, he claimed the port game is the benchmark, if he doesn’t make a statement this week by dropping underperforming players then sucbonciously the players will know he is all talk, and nothing will change, cos they won’t fear him or losing their spot

I’ve said it before and i’ll say it again, this club, let alone the majority of the list are not capable of self managing themselves yet, and should be treated as such…

2 Likes

Firstly with what Brendan Gale did at Richmond and end the era of coach scapegoating.

That is pure cancer.

I don’t think coaching is our biggest issue, but it doesn’t matter who is the coach in a game like today.

You’re copping sh*t for that one.

1 Like

Out coached again.

1 Like

agree with almost all of it.
I think Dyson is the right man for the job

1 Like

Seriously, I think the only way you can say the coaching didn’t matter is if you say the entire first half was just a thing that happened.

We’ll be better in the second half of the season… hang on :thinking:

Yes and I still think we still may make finals.

But i think you over rate.

Fanta was a nobody until last year. Developing and now getting opposition attention.

Likewise Zac.

Jobe - brave but not the same player as under those guys.

Goddard - same.

Hepp is a gun but has the pressure of being captain for the first time.

Parish a kid.

Tippa a kid with a world of experiences hes maturing and dealing with each week.

The list under Hird and Thompson was a lot more stable and ripe

1 Like

We are always sh*t in June/July.

It’s pathetic

1 Like

So I decided to go back and read a bit in a few threads. What I got was this:

The coach should make moves but never does.
The coach started the game with x players in the mid when it should have been Y players because x players aren’t mids (even though that’s what people say they should be)
Coach moves Y players moved into the midfield after half time and we still lost.
Coach should have played more of those young x players in the mid because Y players are past it.

2 Likes

End of financial year concerns?

Despite our dream draw, I feel compelled to remind you we just lost to the worst team in the league at home.
I’d rather we play Francis, Begley and Ridley for the rest of the year.

2017 is done. As of ninety minutes ago.

4 Likes

I dont neccesarily disagree. Put them all in at once? Or stagger?