John Worsfold

I would have snapped at the first bloke who asked the inane “gee that Saints have a great future don’t they” question.

Like, “What the ■■■■? I’m the Essendon coach mate.”

Worsfold did well to just get the sly dig in about how the Saints are still relying on guys a year away from retirement to get it done.

That last look back tho

That look says - I used to make Gary ablett think twice before going, shut your cake hole.

Would have been good if he trolled the media a bit more with his response.

Something like…
When the truth comes out, McKenna will be in a good place.

I do think we need a couple of changes to the coaching panel over the offseason. I've stated in another thread that it's very rare for any club to make no changes to their coaching panel over an offseason and there is no reason to suggest we'll buck the trend and stick with all of the current group for next season. I'm not going to comment on who should go, but I hope he finds the best tactical assistant he can. He had Phil Walsh at West Coast and he definitely needs someone who is going to help with that both during the week and on game day.

You might laugh but I reckon David King.

His analysing of the opposition and getting the numbers is pretty good imo

Your opinion is wrong

That last look back tho

“Does he reckon he should have had the Chairman job at the start as well? So he could have made all of those calls, cause he’s got great hindsight…”

“But good on him, ya know, he’s doing well…”

Farking LOL

"Does he reckon he should have had the Chairman job at the start as well? So he could have made all of those calls, cause he's got great hindsight..."

“But good on him, ya know, he’s doing well…”

Farking LOL

Farrrk can you imagine if Hird had of said that?

The whole AFL world would be out to get him…

Actually… It would be just another day at the office for them.

Did you guys see his response to the question about McKenna at Gold Coast, he quite poorly lied about not knowing what the comments were then just lambasted the GC Chairman (or CEO?) for his comments. Outstanding.

And put the journo in the hole at the same time.

“Tell me exactly what was said”

“I uhh umm…”

Did you guys see his response to the question about McKenna at Gold Coast, he quite poorly lied about not knowing what the comments were then just lambasted the GC Chairman (or CEO?) for his comments. Outstanding.

Interesting people think he could’ve done something yesterday. As much as Steven ran riot you can’t coach for the basic skill errors we commited time and time again. If we had’ve just hit our targets and not turned the ball over in such a simple manner we would’ve beaten the saints (only because their skills were just as bad for quite a while). Our kicking was atrocious and our build up from the half back line would look dangerous until the inevitable poor handball was delivered to a stagnant player or even directly to the opposition. When all of that clicks we’ll win some games and with HHH & Colyer back in that side, the saints won’t get close.

I do think we need a couple of changes to the coaching panel over the offseason. I've stated in another thread that it's very rare for any club to make no changes to their coaching panel over an offseason and there is no reason to suggest we'll buck the trend and stick with all of the current group for next season. I'm not going to comment on who should go, but I hope he finds the best tactical assistant he can. He had Phil Walsh at West Coast and he definitely needs someone who is going to help with that both during the week and on game day.

Do you think wrestling is real too?

Shut up!

It is!

*runs away crying.

Do you think wrestling is real too?

Hopefully he only coaches until his contract runs out, then we can go for someone else. I couldn't care less if we lose every game this season by over 100 points, it's his team selection that is just bizarre.

In what way?

The one I’m confused about is playing someone like polkinghorne. I assume it’s to “protect the kids” but how many times do you see him in the center square? How is he protecting them?

Polkinghorn is something like 3 or 4 games away from 100 games, he will get an armchair ride until then.

Why? Can’t use him for Father/son

The same guy who asked Woosha at Qtr Time if the couple of clangers out of the backline was enough to change up the back six.

Tactics.

Who would ever spell it "Woosher"?

I know right? It’s clearly Wuxia.

Whoosher

Who would ever spell it “Woosher”?

Wow. Cult of Woosha is scary.

You are a sour old thing, aren’t you?

There’s not a “Cult of Woosha”. Not yet. There’s a strong feeling, which I share, that he’s the right man for this job at this time.

Nah.
The tiniest criticism of Hird’s coaching did not ever call for outright contempt.

It did 7 weeks into 2011.

Nope.
It didn’t before he’d coached a game.
And it didn’t during 2000 under Sheeds. Now, though…

I think you’re exaggerating a little.

Even Knights wasn’t allowed to be critiqued until about mid 2009 without there being some contempt for the critiquer.

Every new coach gets a grace period, even when they aren’t lumped with a situation like Woosh is right now.

Lol. People wanted Knights sacked before he was hired.

And rightly so. It was a stupid appointment. He had an appalling record with every club he had coached, including our own reserves.

Anyone seen Woosha’s presser today? Absolute pearler at 7mins15secs.