John Worsfold

Harvey,McKenna,Neeld all need to go

Would keep Skipworth I think he’s done a fantastic job with our forwards and ball movement this year.

1 Like

Woosha needs better assistants.

1 Like

I’d query how muchwas him and how much was the individual brilliance of the forwards, because a lot of the year the structure seemed to be ‘kick over the top and let the players run onto it’ or ‘bomb it deep and hope joe and hooker clunk it’

edit: Look at richmond their forward line is pretty ■■■■ but they get a-class service and support from their midfield.

2 Likes

True.

Not a coaches ■■■■■■■. Gonna cost us another 3 or 4 seasons before the cockheads that run out club figure it out.

FFS I am a good man manager, but it doesn’t make me a coach. A man manager is good for director of coaching maybe, but not head coach.

1 Like

That;s what Worsfold would be good at director of coaching

go the way the a lot of european soccer teams are going. a director of football to set the direction of the club, handle list management and oversee the program and get in someone to be the coach of the football team.

A chance for essendon to be innovative and hire a match coach.

edit: What Barnz said above^^

Forgot about Skipworth, the worst of the lot.

Has been with us for a long time I must say.

Co-incidence?
He is a dud

Don’t let some happy clappers see you slag off skipworth.

if the foward line ever functions due to individual brilliance you’ll get tagged to say ‘what do you think of skippy now’

Whole coaching box needs an overhaul including the recruiting department.needs to go out there and get the best recruiter in the business and best assistant coaches.

Who’s the best recruiter in the business?

Yep, agreed. I’m not opposed to Woosha. He’s an experienced head and a good man manager and he deserves a full year next year but the club has to surround him with decent assistants.

1 Like

I think he did as well as he could have done with what he had to work with. Unfortunately I think today showed that our list is middle of the road at best. I won’t give him a free pass next year though. Will need to see a finals win.

Whoevers at sydney or adelaide.

Honestly don’t think the coaches are the problem.

Our list profile just looks a little skewed towards outside types. We need to look for a few tough, inside types. This will not only improve our inside game but also assign our class to the outside where they are better suited.

1 Like

I don’t think they draft well.
But they certainly develop their players incredibly well and make smart trades that become gems.