John Worsfold

a combination of both?

from what the commentary team were saying rampe started afl at 17 and is now a better than good defender against most forwards.

Also something to note with adelaide even their middling to bottom best 22 players have a touch of pace, good endurance and can kick to a standard, can you say that about our team? surely thats a combination of being able to develop players and pick players that can develop those attributes?

Spot on. We absolutely did play better under Hird. I still think it is severely underrated on here just how good Hird was at coaching. The biggest ‘loss’ in my mind from the whole saga was letting Hird go. The guy essentially coached a ‘top 4’ standard team across three years of the biggest ■■■■ storm in history with a list that was rated one of the worst in the leagues when he took over. In the space of three campaigns we had a defensive structure, could win interstate, actually had match fitness and had some real team chemistry and passion.

I have not once seen any player shown any real passion to ‘perform’ for woosha… he is indifferent and it shows on the players… most of them looked like they didn’t give a toss today.

As to the ‘forward/scoring’ issues under Hird… he didn’t have 2017 versions of JD and Fanta and Walla… but our structures were such that we were still winning with some real trucks up forward. Reckon we were well on track and the scoring would have taken care of itself with the right people down there.

Ahhhh so sad.

22 Likes

I’d rather Hirdy every day of the week.

15 Likes

Sydney have got Academy’s. The AFL feed them

The guy would have still been coach if it weren’t Asaga players lifted for him I don’t get that feeling with Worsfold.

5 Likes

Pity about tonight, expected more but great season all considered.

I’m looking forward to the trade period and 2018. F@rk the tigers!!

2 Likes

If the Tigers can turn it around in 1 pre season so can we time for the head honchos at the club to be ruthless.

1 Like

Hamish Ogilve for mine, he is a jet

as ■■■■ as some of the coaching across the whole panel was, they deserve some slack. hard to juggle the 12 coming back and trying to juggle playing people who shouldn’t be playing, while not hurting them or supporters and just full out not playing them.

That being said if it happens next year, then they get no slack, and if some of the poor decisions are also made and or repeated, across all facets, then his job should be on the line.

4 Likes

We are in a pretty similar shape to 2011. Will be interesting to see Woosha’s next step.

Neeld needs to go. Horrible horrible senior coach, if he had any credits in the bank it was solely as a development coach of collingwoods 1st and 2nd year players a decade ago. Never done a damn thing in a matchday role from what ive seen.

Either way, Move him on. Find new blood.

8 Likes

Personally I think they all need to go. We have a coaching panel full of failed senior coaches.
That really says it all.

7 Likes

Caracella as coach with James Kelly and Luke Hodge as his assistants.

edit - Would get Dustin Fletcher as the back line coach

2 Likes

I think we need to move on from the Essendon past player as coach boys club. Caracella has actually proven himself elsewhere, give dusty the time to do that first.

2 Likes

Agree with that.

If I were in charge at EFC I would get Caracella as an assistant coach with Worsfold to give him the reigns at the end of 2018.

Worsfold can take a back seat as ‘director of coaching’ if he wants.

1 Like

Oh dear, … the chicken little’s are spinning like tops tonight.

Hope eggs are good for the complexion :thinking:

7 Likes

This whole thing of getting new assistants is a good idea. But that is not really addressing the main issue, which is the senior coach. Surely if the assistants are seen as failures the most senior coach has to be seen as one too. He is the guy that picked them

Apart from caracella i dont want any ex essendon people on the coaching staff

Get coaches from clubs that have been successful in the last couple of years, no more old timers who were failures as coaches

Imo I always thought Worsfold was brought in just to guide us from post Asada.

Coaching is overrated. Get (draft, recruit, trade) the players and see how fabulous the coaching group becomes. We are exactly where we should be as per the playing group we had in 2017.

5 Likes

Far out. Why change whoosha? Great coach. At this stage it would be shuffling the deck.chairs on the titanic so.to speak.

Just some.more.good recruiting thanks.

Like Stewart, Green of last season. Great finds.

1 Like