John Worsfold

bsd the kind of guy that’d wait out a hurricane instead of evacuating.

2 Likes

Stewart has been very good, green…meh

I understand the frustration in regards to this bloke as I’ve been a critic of his for a large part of the season.

But I personally think it would be the wrong decision to get rid of him now.

If we get rid of him now, it puts us in limbo for at least another 2 years whilst the players get the new game plan down pat. The likes of Hurley, Hooker, TBC etc all gone and we are practically at rebuild city once again.

I agree in terms of totally overhauling the footy department, especially starting with the assistants but keep Woosha because I think losing him at this stage will do us more harm than good.

Plus he actually gave us a dangerous forwardline for the first time since 2000, despite it getting service from the worst midfield in the league.

He managed to get us to the finals despite only really having this group for one season.

That gets him a tick in my book. I think his game plan suits our players, it is just a matter of improving the cattle in the midfield and defence and getting in some better coaching staff to surround him with.

The cattle however, is the biggest obstacle IMO.

4 Likes

Llyod on 3aw reckons our 'outside game style" doesn’t stack up in finals which I agree with.

Need to get some contested ball mids and implement a more defensive edge while still keeping our attacking flair.

this guy has absolutely no Plan B on match day. knights 2008 feel to it today

3 Likes

The 10 goals in row they kicked with us doing nothing about it was very Matthew Knights I thought those days were long gone thanks Woosha,

5 Likes

its pretty si8mple when you play at the scg…

you have to play direct not firkin across the ground…but then again we don’t have the stoppage clearance players that we need to get…without them well never threaten the top 4

I personally don’t pay much attention to what Lloyd has to say anymore to be perfectly honest, as he literally just talks out of his ■■■■ now IMO.

I can see yours and his point about that style of play but I think we are trying to mould the team into a Hawks of '09-'12 where they maintained possession and sliced teams apart with elite run and carry and disposal.

We simply put, just don’t have the cattle to pull it off against the good sides.

You need contested ball winning mids, but I personally don’t think they have to be in the Jobe, Priddis, Cripps, Fyfe types where they are just physically massive and therefor throw their body around more.

I think you just need players who can firstly get to the ball that aren’t absolute treacle in terms of pace. I simply don’t think we lose anything by not having Jobe in their next or a Myers etc because the likes of Parish and McGrath when put on the ball (even today), showed that if you have a bit of speed and are a quick decision maker with clean hands, it doesn’t matter how big you are at all.

I think next year we go with Heppell being the only traditional big bodied mid and surround him with a bunch of pacey guys to really enforce that overlap and 2 way running. Get a Gaff to help and go all out speed and don’t go neither here nor there by having too many of the same type like we have done for the past 10 years.

Having the likes of Myers, Jobe, Heppell, Stanton etc (all guys who have no pace whatsoever) cost us dearly when they played this year.

The game today means you simply can’t have more than one or two “slow” players in your side anymore, let alone in your midfield where we consistently had 3 running around at all times this year.

Just my opinion anyways.

2 Likes

Would love Kelly and Gaff

1 Like

I think Matthew Kennedy matches our needs perfectly, have been banging on about it and wouldn’t suprise me if his manager has an offer from us.

Clocks up good numbers, loves the contested stuff and.can take a grab. I just want him. Reckon he would be priced right too.

4 Likes

Xavier Campbell on sen today said we will be after some classy mids this trade period hoping he’s one on our shopping list.

1 Like

Makes me think the club were being tightarses and that they were cheap.

1 Like

Luke Hodge and James Kelly as assistants

Get it done EFC

1 Like

Agree.

But after paying a coach not to coach, asaga penalties and running up a $10mil debt, you can’t blame the club for letting coaching contracts run their course and not getting Hooker & JD a goal kicking coach.

I think if you told Dogs supporters you’d take McCartney that they’d pack his bags for him. Depending on who you listen to at the kennel, the disharmony between McCartney & Dalrymple is one of many internal issues that now sees the futures of several key 2016 players up in the air.

Had hodge indicated that he might go into coaching? He does special comments on channel 7, reckon he will stay in there

McKenna in particular IMO. Midfield set up all year has been diabolical & watching teams waltz the ball out of the centre with little pressure has really p issed me off all season long. He’s appeared to not have a plan to stop it.

10 Likes

a like is not enough. even against freo, who granted have a pretty good midfield, just looked to move the ball away from the centre with space and ease. we win a clearance and it’s aeither by rugby mauling it forwards or a hack kick forward. something hasn’t been right for ages and it can’t be purely due to players, surely.

1 Like

Hardwick is suddenly looking better after replacing all the assistants. Bomber also suddenly improved after replacing all his assisents.

1 Like

No stick figures or undersized footballers.
More speedy 188+ cm strongly built and intelligent footballers please!!!