John Worsfold

Because if you think he has performed well to date and the club is going in the right direction then it is a show of faith and confidence.

I scratch my head to think that this club could be in any better shape after what is the most tumultuous era of our clubs existence.

Woosha is a massive part of that.

3 Likes

For the same reason to sign him now to be honest. If we can continue to play well his price goes up.

It’s not as if we have never paid a coach who doesn’t coach us any more.

I can live with 2 years

2 Likes

We should sign him now to save money and if it doesn’t work then losing money doesn’t matter?

Wouldn’t…the opposite be more true?

We had an appalling final and a good round 1 win against a team that was missing its best players.

I’ll concede that waiting until finals might be too late, but now is too early.

Yeah, that’s pro sports.

In your mind. Let’s say the club, board and playing group see it differently and are happy with the direction of the club.

I’d go as far as to assume all those parties have had a say

3 Likes

I’m sick of showing faith and being patient, I want a finals win!

That final did not demonstrate we have progressed much.

1 Like

No, it’s silly.
On one hand you’re paying a good coach what he’s worth.
On the other you’re paying a bad one for not coaching you anymore.

I’m sorry, I’m sure there are lots of good reasons for signing him early, but that’s a terrible reason.

You only have to look at how many players that have improved since Woosha arrived.

I’m sorry, but not even the greatest coach ever could deliver that in March

2 Likes

He could have at least pretended to try (or care) in the AFLX.

/sarcastica font used.

1 Like

Of course not. I’m saying we should wait. I don’t see the reason to extend him now.

This should be a poll?

I’d like to sign him even if to avoid the media circus. It was round 1 and all Tom Browne wanted to talk about was wooshas contract and even James Stewart. I’m over distractions at Essendon.

Contract signed equals less BS

3 Likes

I was happy with making finals.

Very few people had us improving so fast after what we went through.

It really comes down to how good you think the club can be and how fast.

I think we are in flag mode for the next 4 or 5 years and changing coaches rarely helps those sides.

Beveridge is probably the only one I can think of.

Conversely changing Malthouse to Buckley didn’t do Collingwood very well and they had what most considered a strong list at the time.

1 Like

I believe James Stewart is out of contract this year. He had a decent season last year, but an awful final. Looks like he’s worked hard over the preseason and played a ripping game round one and really looks like could be a massive part of our future success. The team looks better with him in it.

Do we sign him now or wait… he could get a season ending injury… he could win us a final.

3 Likes

I’m like Wim, no need now after one win, finals should we get there is potentially too late.

It’s gonna take a couple of months to see whether there’s real progression in this group.

1 Like

maybe his contract being done in February was like the membership cards being sent out in February…

Even if he is not the right coach to take us to a flag?

What draft pick would Worsfold get us?

1 Like