John Worsfold

Can other people stop posting in @wimmera1 and @benfti 's thread, thanks.

12 Likes

And stander

who?

The stupid @ thing doesn’t work on mobile.
Stander2

fyi, you need to wait longer.

Takes way too long

shitposting knows no patience.

2 Likes

Just watched his presser. What I enjoyed was we won and he was just a little testy.

I don’t think he’s under any illusion that we’re increibly inconsistent and he’s working toward unlocking why.

For those that arent confident in his match day ability, I think he’s the right person to steer our ship. We just need to inject new fresh assistant a la what the Tigers did with hardwick

1 Like

I don’t see anythign wrong with getting a match day tactician. probably be a progressive role to institute.

1 Like

I don’t normally do this, but weeks of reading your ■■■■ posts has finally got me going. I don’t recall any constructive post you’ve ever made and all you do is add ■■■■ and degrading material towards others. Its not constructive, it doesn’t relate to Essendon, and it only reflects on your thoughts, your opinions and how you see other supporters!

why don’t you just ■■■■ off and hide under the bridge you came from

Thank you for your lovely post about me.

Yeah, keep it up the trash work

Okay, mate.

How do you think Worsfold’s going.

Just to break up your lovefest…

I think shifting Hooker back was a must. Stewart has been our best forward so he deserves a spot there. I also believe part of Daniher development should be to lead and command the forward line without needing Hooker there. Joe D, Jake and Stew should cause enough headaches for defences along with Tippa and Fantasia.

But after having seen Hooker down back, I think it’ll be more of a horses for courses arrangement. Whilst it was a success today and he communicated well with Hurley and Hartley, there were just worrying moments when Hurley was stuck on Robbie Gray or Wingard. Luckily the mismatch wasn’t exploited.

I think Hurley and Hooker prefer to play a little loose and as the third man up in a contest. That sort of means Hartley or Ambrose must take the key forward.

I also saw Hooker struggle for pace against Marshall a few times. I noticed it a few times when he plays forward, but in the backline, it was glaring.

I’m not sure how we set up against a team like Richmond who generally play mid sized and smalls around Jack Riewoldt.

If we go in with a tall slow backline, then there is a lot of pressure on the midfield forcing rushed kicks to our talls for easy marks. Something our midfield has struggled to do for a long time. If the midfield has time to kick to advantage, our tall backline is screwed.

Collingwood have Reid (good matchup for Hartley) and Cox (Hooker), so it’ll be interesting to see who Hurley ends up lining up on. The Melbourne game will be another interesting one. They have Hogan (Ambrose the better matchup) and the rest of their forwards are medium sized or smalls.
It’ll be interesting how the coaching group play it.

IMO…
Hooker and Hurley should be our two key defenders. One will need to be lockdown and the other can roam a bit more freely depending on matchup. Hartley or Ambrose should only be used depending on who the third tall is.

5 Likes

Hurley matches up well on mid sized forwards imo
In saying that, he has also had superb games on Riewoldt

I think the biggest thing today for mine is what I’ve had echoing in my head over the last 2 weeks that Dimma stayed after the flag last year.

He said (and I’m paraphrasing here): “We really wanted to come up with a gameplan and style of play that didn’t mitigate other teams strengths or did anything except emphasise the strengths of our players and the way we wanted to play.”

The first thing I think of when I think of that is… Playing players in their preferred position first of all, that is the easiest correction to make.

Hooker - Back
Stringer - Majority forward (isolated on his opponent) and still pinch hitting in stints through the midfield.

Those two moves alone made us look a far different and most importantly, far more dangerous side.

Let’s just hope that’s how we keep things.

We’ve also got a lot more talent to come back into the side from today:

Colyer
McKenna
Ambrose
Gleeson

Are all players that can come in and are or could be best 22 players based on form.

Please Worsfold, keep playing to our players strengths and not how you would like your ideal team to play and as a result putting square pegs in round holes.

2 Likes

l agree with DJR, thread lacks Bovril.

Ok let’s just hope he doesn’t rush back Gleeson , Colyer or Ambrose without a run in the 2’s first. Nothing frustrates me more when a guy sits out for so long and comes straight back in (see Myers).

1 Like

Someone said Ambrose played in the twos on the weekend

Guess what?
Your very first response in this instalment got personal. That’s the point where it all breaks down.