John Worsfold

He’s demeanour has changed the last 2 weeks.

Is that a Plan B demeanour?

3 Likes

Remember this

2 Likes

None of them. You assume the negative, I assume the positive.

Doesn’t mean I don’t have an opinion on whether I think they will make it or not in the long term. Sheeds I thought would because he had proven he could, at least until he was gone (and i did say i thought he was passed it towards the end), Knights I supported because i always hope for the best but didn’t think he would get a GF, Hird I thought would but, alas, other things conspired (I still think he could have).

I think Woosha can get us a GF. Whether he will no one will know until it is all over.

1 Like

you assume delusion, not positivity.
I assume pragmatism, which you construe as negative.

case in point, you assume worsfold, doing the same things sheedy did, knights did, hird did will somehow result with him making this club into a gf side.

I assume if he does the same as 3 other coaches from a failed period did at this club, then he’ll end up with the same fate.

again, that’s not positive, thats delusion. and downright ignorant delusion.

1 Like

But you assume things incorrectly. He doesn’t do the same things as those three. That’s just how you see it and i think that is delusional too, and classically negative in approach.

What he does do is the same as pretty much every coach does: have a plan, try to teach it, run it on game days and persist for as long as possible to have the players adjust to it, then respond to adjust things when it shows it doesn’t work.

First game: it worked and we won albeit with some issues being there but worth persisting with as we had won
Second and Third: clearly wasn’t working
Forth game: made adjustments and it worked and we won

Nothing particularly wrong with that.

And as far as persisting with players you don’t think are worth it, every single coach does that, even Clarkeson, just ask Hawks fans, they also have the whipping boy players. Adn ALL coaches play favourties, they are human after all.

2 Likes

Whipping boy players are only whipping boys because people are trying to make room in the 22 for the blokes they like that aren’t in the 22.

It’s often not a lack of support for one, so much as wanting to see the other given a go.

To a degree yeah.

If you think Icetemple is delusional yet you’re pragmatic? Woah mumma!

4 Likes

I dont enjoy either of you but I’m more of a centralist progressive.

4 Likes

Presumably you were saying Hirdy was doing the same things as Knighter and Sheeds come the end of round 9, 2012?

It’s probably been mentioned before …

1. Brad Scott is one of the best coaches in the AFL. To do what he does with the Roos over the years, with the resources available, is super impressive.
  2. He’s an uncompromising character. The way he’s ripped into Daw over the years gives an insight into his hard edge. I subscribe to the notion of tough love because it adds a layer of responsiveness that is otherwise lost with a “passive teaching” model.
  3. His teams are resilient and to do what they did to the Hawks (play on / fast ball movement / set up defensively) in the first half says heaps about his capacity to motivate pregame / coach. Of course, with his young team there are fluctuations but you’ll take that when you see how they’re tracking.
  4. Essendon should go hard at recruiting him. Both Scott (42) and Worsfold (50) are contracted until the end of 2020. The stars are aligned. I hope Essendon get in early to gauge Scott’s interest. I think he’ll add a hard edge to the team that is currently missing.
2 Likes

please no.

1 Like

Also no.

2 Likes

2 Likes

yeah whateva - they look alike.

1 Like

Which one is the one that destroyed Hird in the GF? Let’s avoid him

I hate him, so so much, but it is hard to fault this logic.

4 Likes

Let’s be clear, Hird’s buggered groin destroyed him in the 2001 GF. BScott just happened to be given the tagging job on the day. Next game when Hird was fit he destroyed BScott in a team that was smashed by the Loins.