Jonathan Giles

Age reporting he’s spent the weekend deciding between us and Crows. Has recieved offers from both clubs. Nothing new i guess

I hope we can get the Ryder deal done and dusted today or tomorrow, however unlikely it seems. It's hard to see us making a major play for another ruckman until we have him sorted.

Gorringe all day every day.

Geez I think Giles is ordinary.

Why do we think Gorringe is available when Gold Coast clearly stating he is not?

I loved what I saw of him in his first two seasons at the Giants. He was a real stand out in a struggling expansion team. He has struggled this year but I feel a fresh start at a new club could help him find his old form.

If Gorringe pays off, he would be much better for the club looking long-term, but from my knowledge he is not yet a proven performer. Why do people want Gorringe? I'm all for it, just curious.

Why do people want Giles?
He couldn't get a game when Port were ****, was picked up by GWS last year and struggled to get a game.
How does he fill a role for us when he couldn't for the other clubs he played for.
Gorringe please.

He was picked up by GWS 3 years ago, played just about every game in 2012 & 2013, only struggled to get a game behind Mumford this year.

Port had Lade (who was AA at that point) and Brogan (pretty solid as well) the entire time he was there - as well as Fabian DeLuca ;)

Not like Sinclair has done much, even with how bad Cox & NicNat were this year.

Wikipedia has Giles' current club listed as Essendon. A sign of things to come? ;)

Would obviously rather Gorringe than Giles, but I just don't think we'll be able to get that trade done. Gold Coast don't want to trade him and his spoken of no desire to come to bombers. And if so don't think we'd be able to satisfy them in a trade. Similarly Callum Sinclair would probably be better than Giles but again could we get it done.....? All in all if we end up with Giles I'm not too displeased,

Edit: actually happy we have some cover! 

Wikipedia has Giles' current club listed as Essendon. A sign of things to come? ;)

On the 14th of October it was confirmed that Giles had requested a trade to the [[Essendon Football Club]] seeking more senior opportunity.

HMMM.

Someone edited it yesterday, http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jonathan_Giles&diff=629300096&oldid=611038759

What drives these people?

He couldn't get a game when Port were ****, was picked up by GWS last year and struggled to get a game.
How does he fill a role for us when he couldn't for the other clubs he played for.
Gorringe please.

Gorringe struggled to get a game when GC were sh:t, and now is fourth in line at the club and still struggles to get a game. At least Giles has proven he is capable at AFL level, and unlike Gorringe, he's a handy forward as well.

On the 14th of October it was confirmed that Giles had requested a trade to the [[Essendon Football Club]] seeking more senior opportunity.

HMMM.

Someone edited it yesterday, http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jonathan_Giles&diff=629300096&oldid=611038759

What drives these people?

That's some Biff Tanner Back to the future 2 biz right there...

Gorringe please.

i dont want to pay overs for gorringe, was drafted high, but has done nothing on field yet.

Boulderstone

Have to say if Giles came cheaply I'd prefer that to an overpriced Gorringe (and you know he will be what with GCs Caddy play). Either that or Disco doesn't rate Giles as good fodder just pick up a mature ager towards the end of the national draft.

Gorringe please.

He was in the inaugural team. Number 1 ruck in their first year. Got bumped for Mummy. Not advocating. But was ok in their first season.

Have a look at Ryan Griffen and Chris Yarran. The same user has gone and made them Essendon players as well. 

Gorringe please.

He was in the inaugural team. Number 1 ruck in their first year. Got bumped for Mummy. Not advocating. But was ok in their first season.

9th in the league for total hitouts in 2013, he's not awful.

We've won flags with worse ruckmen!!

Don't get the love for Gorringe. Sure, he was a reasonably high draft pick, but hasn't set the world on fire since. He's had injury problems, but when he's had his chance hasn't impressed. Long way short of being a sure thing, and may well join the list of over-hyped puckman who end up doing SFA. Pass.

For the record I rate Giles higher because he's a proven commodity, good in the ruck and handy down forward. I'd get him ahead of Gorringe, but I'd still like to look elsewhere.

Yep giles was dominate in his first year at gws and also played much of his second season there. I always rated him as a decent big man ruck men, he is definatly better than thurlow. But by all means Girringe and luenbeger I’d prefer before him.

Have a look at Ryan Griffen and Chris Yarran. The same user has gone and made them Essendon players as well. 

"On October 14th it was anniunced that Griffin back flipped on his decision to head to Sydney and wished to stay in Melbourne, gaining interst from Essendon, Rischmond, Geelong and St. Kilda. On October 15th it was announced Griffen would sign with the Essendon Football Club, after they traded mid-fielders Jake Melksham and Brent Stanton to the Bulldogs, Griffen would become the third player to sign with the Bombers in a troubling time for the club."

Is Rischmond == Essington?