Jonathan Giles

Wish Ryder had have gone last year and we could have got Mumford.

Pretty sure he wanted to go to GWS

It wouldn't do our age (or talent) profile much good though.

He's a whole 2 months older than Paddy...

Yeah, so he wouldn't be improving our age profile, which isn't fantastic at the moment.

But overall it's looking like we'll lose Winderlich (30) Jetta (26) Hardingham (26) Ryder (26) Van Unen (24) Dell Olio (24) - mostly replaced by kids with one or two mature agers. So it'll move a fair way in the right direction, despite only losing two players of any note.

Random fact - Of all current AFL players to have played 50 games or more Giles has the worst win-loss ratio having only experienced 5 wins with 46 losses.

Further this is actually the fourth worst record of all time (From 50 min games) with Ted Hall who played for the Saints from 1897 to 1902 the worst record with 1 win from 73 games. The 2nd and 3rd worst were Bill Mathews and Tom McNamara who also played for the Saints in the same era.

Is Zac Clarke not an option? I rate him.

Zac Clarke is contracted and happy where he is. Played 20 games this year and his manager insists that he is not trade bait.

Zac Clarke is contracted and happy where he is. Played 20 games this year and his manager insists that he is not trade bait.

doh

Is your location 'Maryborough' Qld or Victoria?

Victoria, why?

Just curious.  My folks grew up there.

Oh cool!

Oh cool!

You don't happen to know the Malone family do you?

My Dad and my older brother know them!

They're my extended family. 

For those playing at home, one of their sons, Joel, played for Bendigo reserves.

But anyway, I digress...

Oh cool so he's totally an option then. Get on the phone, Dodoro!

If Ryder goes he is exactly the man we need. A reliable, competent backup for bellchambers.

We will be thankful he is there when we aren’t forced to choose between Carlisle and some 18 year old beanpole in a clutch match mid season.

You don’t need an elite ruck man to be a good team but you DO need a contest.

For those playing at home, one of their sons, Joel, played for Bendigo reserves.

But anyway, I digress...

Do you have to ride your pushbike 17 hours in the freezing cold/boiling heat with a sack of wheat on your back just to get to training?

But anyway, I digress...

Do you have to ride your pushbike 17 hours in the freezing cold/boiling heat with a sack of wheat on your back just to get to training?

No, I was smart.  I bought a car.

I hope we get him just so on the off chance he gets a game I can obscurely sing:

The ruckman's Giles

The ruckman's Giles

I said the ruckman's Giles... G-G-G-G-Giles... G-G-G-G-Giles.

I hope we get him just so on the off chance he gets a game I can obscurely sing:

The ruckman's Giles

The ruckman's Giles

No idea what you are on about.

The ruckman's Giles

The ruckman's Giles

No idea what you are on about.

Exactly! That's why it will be amusing when no one gets the reference.