Josh Jenkins - welcome back?

Just mentioned on Finey’s show by the SEN editor that Josh Jenkins is being rumoured to return back home to Bomberland!!!

That would be a very welcome addition for mine, and maybe moreso than J Patton.

What do people think?

1 Like

Would prefer an out of the goal square genuine full forward
But i dont think there are any remotely gettable ones out there

With the way JD played as fwd/ruck last week, in some ways not sure JJ will suit us.

We need the genuine kpf like Hogan or Patton.

Let’s wait till Freo win a game before going full PSD.

Jenkins 28 next year? Really good player and he would obviously improve us and I expect play good football for a few years but for mine I don't think we should be trading quality picks for 28 year olds.

Don’t have to trade for him as he is a FA.

Nah he’s not.

I stand corrected.

Still… PSD anyone?

Jenkins 28 next year? Really good player and he would obviously improve us and I expect play good football for a few years but for mine I don't think we should be trading quality picks for 28 year olds.

Nah he’s not.

Jenkins 28 next year? Really good player and he would obviously improve us and I expect play good football for a few years but for mine I don’t think we should be trading quality picks for 28 year olds.

Interdasting…

Sam Day contract talks on hold.

He’ll surely end up going to Crows, Jenkins out to club of choice so long as they can satisfy GC’s requirements.

Carlisle.

He’s kicked 8 goals, and we had him on the list last year.

This statement is technically correct. While we are getting technical though, going back to the original question.

When was the last time we had a forward that kicked 8 goals.

Carlisle still doesn’t qualify. He isn’t a forward.

I know its been mentioned - but who on the current list is he good mates with?? Was it Hurls?

I know its been mentioned - but who on the current list is he good mates with?? Was it Hurls?
Yes. Hence “Hurley is going to Adelaide next year”.

Reckon that with our delivery into the forward line he would be quite unsuccessful. The positive would be that maybe it would show the Daniher haters where the issue is.

I think you shouldn’t listen to finey

Sounds like a rumour.

I think you shouldn't listen to finey

I wasn’t I was listening to the SEN editor… unfortunately they let Finey in the room with him :slight_smile:

Smells like BS but would be good.

I think you shouldn't listen to finey

I wasn’t I was listening to the SEN editor… unfortunately they let Finey in the room with him :slight_smile:

That’s ok. I don’t even know who finey is anyway.

just did abit of research… this is what he had to say on the matter a month ago.
___________________________________________________________________________’

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-media-watch-north-melbournes-jarrad-waite-in-careerbest-form-drew-petrie-not-surprised/news-story/4c2f00579ea85ab87d5582b4900bdff7

OUT of contract Adelaide forward Josh Jenkins wants to avoid Dangerfield-like speculation and pen a long-term deal with the club.

The 27-year-old has booted nine goals in the opening two games of 2016 and insists he has no intention to leave the Crows.

“I absolutely do want to be at the Crows for the rest of my career and I’d like to think that we can get that sorted out fairly soon,” Jenkins told Fox Sports News Rush Hour.

“I don’t really want to become Danger Part 2 and have to talk about it throughout the whole season.

“I understand there is a process and the club has one they need to follow, as do my management and myself.”

When asked whether he harbours any temptations to return to Victoria, the 199cm key position player was unequivocal in his response.

“I was born and raised in Swan Hill so it’s not like I’m one of the city slickers that yearns to get back to the big smoke,” he said.

“I really quite enjoy living in Adelaide. I’d love to stay here for the rest of my career.

“I’d like a long-term contract and it’s something that we are really gunning for.”

So obviously things aren’t progressing as he’d hoped and his manager is trying to move things along?

Someone of his ilk would solve so many of our problems next year, ie. Hooker could play back and form a very strong backline… JD could move out to CHF permanently. Better ruck relief…