Josh Schache

We’ll fix that pretty quick.

6 Likes

Correct. So was Green.

Screw it around corners, banana bender, spiral dirty mother , torpedo punts from inside centre square, checkside double a decker, drop kick frothy, slip n slide slide kick and double knuckle 1…2 shuffle.
Think that covers it but if we keep on stuffing it up from fullback kick outs why not have JD kick it in that way the ball is at least going to make it to centre square.

Playing as a ruck/forward

Like Josh Jenkins was. Who couldn’t get near it.

Dogs had Zane Cordy as their other tall fwd in GF, one had a significant impact. One didn’t. Neither Crows fwds did.

1 Like

And Joe D is clearly better than them both.

What are we arguing about?

1 Like

Can’t say I spend too much time worrying about how good players from other clubs will end up being.

I reckon it’s a lot more important to work out the counter to the current winning formula, than to emulate it. Because in the first instance you have a head start, while in the second, a handicap. It’s always rock, paper, scissors.

7 Likes

Pick 11 for Jon Patton

#26 and #15 are really as high…

What a load of rubbish. Hawthorn played three talls - Roughead, Gunston and Hale.

Franklin getting injured might have had something to do with it.

Poke the opposition in the eyes when the umps not looking.

Thanks for the clarification, that isn’t how it reads. It currently says u18 footy says nothing about performance post drafting. So needed further info.

So how can you comment on Schache’s performance to date ?

There is no reason for EFC to be interested in Schache.

Adelaide’s two talls dont bring enthusiasm and drive. They are just big lumbering forwards. Manic, mobile forwards with a mosquito fleet at their feet IS a good model for finals footy (imho). Stewart and Daniher do that for us. Its why I would go with just Stewart and Daniher in the forward line and Cale in the backline. Finals footy for our manic forwards (Walla, Orazio, Begley, Laverde) was good experience for them. Understand the pressure and what its like.

I would say we missed Hooker hugely against Sydney both times. Not that it was the largest issue in the final (conceding 10 goals in one quarter wins that), but we really missed him.

6 Likes

We missed Hooker…what did the rest of our players do? Had a flipping picnic in the middle of the park during the 2nd qtr. I was ■■■■■■ but supporters that travelled to Sydney would have been livid!

1 Like

This is the main reason I want hooker to go back to the backline.

He played well in a role that essentially to me provokes lazy football, alas as you allude to, just bomb it long and hope.
When he’s on and the team is on, it looks great, when he’s not or out injured there’s just no covering it.

players first reaction should be to hit up leading targets. Instead it’s bomb it long and hope hooker can outmark players.

then on the defensive side teams just run it out way to easily with 3 lumbering talls, which inturn places too much pressure on the 3 smalls to do extra defensive work.

JD and stewart and potentially stringer and hooker back imo with the right emphasis next year on hitting targets, and we become a better team straight up come round 1. as long as they follow the blueprint of defensive pressure is the no.1 priority.

deleted

What lumbering talls? Sure, Hooker is lumbering, but he also usually attracts a 2:1. JD and Stewart are as mobile as any defender on them, if not more so. The issue usually isn’t the “lumbering talls”, it is the extra man back giving overlapping numbers and the midfield not shutting down options out of defence which means it transitions out easily.

People seem to ignore that Richmond was hugely low scoring. They were extremely vulnerable to a team ripping them apart. Even against Adelaide if they’d kicked as accurately, things would have been square mid-way through the third quarter (and maybe further ahead if not for bad umpiring).

2 Likes