Paul Connors' Kellypalooza 2017

Wrote that article

1 Like

Two things I think could add to make a huge difference. Heppell has been pushed out of proper clearance mid to just kinda running around doing a bit of everything.
2018 Heppell goes from that non-descript mid role to Watson’s role as the main clearance guy which he was shaping up as pre-ban. Now in that generic mid role you add another guy basically as good as Zerrett. Takes a lot of pressure off the disposal and spread running of the big slow guys.

Laverde stapled to one wing, Colyer the other. Myers probably still stays just for muscle until Langford or Begley demand his spot. Parish and Zaha round out the midfield. Howlett into the cannon, ditto Bird.

Mmmmmmm.

Quicker, better disposal across the board, lose a fraction of grunt but that much better at forcing turnovers and far more punishing when we do get it - which is how we’re trying to play.

2 Likes

Woosha on board telling him “ya might as well sign son cos that’s how they got me”

1 Like

Haha, yep.

“I’m an advocate of players being a one-club player (as long as that club pays through the nose to keep the player)”.

1 Like

Fixed.

1 Like

That article for mine is 100% proof we are absolutely no chance.

6 Likes

I think Kelly would be well served by discussing his career options with Tom $cully.

Also I’m not sure how much “romance” there will be in winning a gift wrapped flag for a club that is barely a quarter as old is he is which has fewer members than norf.

4 Likes

Google tells me that we weren’t mentioned in relation to Goddard until mid-September in 2012. In early September he was at Freo or Richmond. So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 Likes

Colyer. Hmmmm. He’d want to start putting some grippo on. What about McGrath? It would be seriously tempting to keep McGrath back if Kelly came on board. The flip side of course is that a midfield of hepp, Lang, parish - Zaha, Merrett, Kelly, McGrath with cameos from Fanta, tippa, Begley, bj, lav and maybe a stopper could legit lay claim to being the best midfield to Don the red and black ever.

13 Likes

Brings to mind the idiom; "So near, yet so far.

1 Like

I can handle the disappointment of him staying at gws. I’ll be farking furious if he goes to fcfc

9 Likes

You need to upgrade to Blitz 102 “How to circumvent the paywall”

1. right click on the link
  2. select “search google for…”
  3. click on the appropriate google result
2 Likes

I don’t want to do ■■■■.

Oh yeah, that’s an a real quote for sure. It reads like it was written by that dodgy journo from The Wire.

4 Likes

Yup. This is the Connors ‘he’s knocked the tinrattlers back, but if I pretend another club is a real shot then maybe GWS will throw another hundred grand his way’ article.

5 Likes

Or, maybe we’re actually in with a shot?

Ah fk it who am I kidding

18 Likes

If we click on this article a lot, they will have no choice but to write more kelly to essendon articles for us

13 Likes

I mean…I’m not saying we’re getting Josh Kelly…because obviously…we’re not.

But I think we’re getting Josh Kelly…

Damn you Dodoro and your long games.

You always, ALWAYS do this.

2 Likes