Kristian Jaksch

Sounds like Hurley/Carlise doesn't know wether to be a forward or defender and if we got him we need to give  him that position and stick

Pick 17 may be used for him? Surely not. Rather enter the draft with that pick.

Would have to weigh up whether their might be a good tall available at 18, say Goddard for instance, or think Jaksch is a better player than that person. If we got pick 18 I would like quality mid and a KPP with those 2 picks.

Wouldn't be a bad pickup.

I suspect we'd have to part with one of our hypothetical picks 17/19/21 post-Ryder-dodgy-deal to get him though.  Which is probably reasonable-ish, if we can convince him to come across.  He must know he's never going to get a game at the Giants while they have Cameron/Patton/Boyd/etc available.

I'd probably look to groom him to be the second tall back in future years once Fletch has retired, freeing Hurls to step into the anticipating/rebounding third defender role (and making it less likely hurls will be exposed for height).

Or he could partner Joe up forward, if Hird decides to move Carlisle back again.

I suspect we'd have to part with one of our hypothetical picks 17/19/21 post-Ryder-dodgy-deal to get him though.  Which is probably reasonable-ish, if we can convince him to come across.  He must know he's never going to get a game at the Giants while they have Cameron/Patton/Boyd/etc available.

I'd probably look to groom him to be the second tall back in future years once Fletch has retired, freeing Hurls to step into the anticipating/rebounding third defender role (and making it less likely hurls will be exposed for height).

Or he could partner Joe up forward, if Hird decides to move Carlisle back again.

its almost like we have options, shocking scenario.

In your opinion, can this kid play?

Yeah, he can.  Was drafted about where i rated him, not sure what GWS have done with him since.  Very straight honest up and down player, leads straight at the ball carrier, beautiful dead straight drop punt, clean hands in the marking contest, works hard both ways (clearly outworked and beat a disappointingly lazy Daniher in Joe's last TAC Cup final, despite being outsized and less gifted).

Brilliance, creativity, and sponteneity - maybe not.  And his big bags of goals at the champs were against div 2 sides.  But he can play genuinely at either end, is a good size, and kicks well for goal or in the field. 

I'd probably look to groom him to be the second tall back in future years once Fletch has retired, freeing Hurls to step into the anticipating/rebounding third defender role (and marking it less likely hurls will be exposed for height).

Yeah, he can.  Was drafted about where i rated him, not sure what GWS have done with him since.  Very straight honest up and down player, leads straight at the ball carrier, beautiful dead straight drop punt, clean hands in the marking contest, works hard both ways (clearly outworked and beat a disappointingly lazy Daniher in Joe's last TAC Cup final, despite being outsized and less gifted).

Brilliance, creativity, and sponteneity - maybe not.  And his big bags of goals at the champs were against div 2 sides.  But he can play genuinely at either end, is a good size, and kicks well for goal or in the field.

Cheers buddy

Don't rule us out of this one yet.

Such a ■■■■ tease, Foggy.

Might be buddies with Ashby going by his twitter feed.

Might be buddies with Ashby going by his twitter feed.

They played at Oakleigh together.

Jakschit

Jakschit

are you talking about what we’ll pick up in this trade period or what our board knows about how to handle a crisis?

Still hearing the same thing Fog,,,,!!??

Carlton look like making out like bandits

Jaksch and 19 and Whitley

for 

Number 7 to GWS

then 7 and what ever GWS has to Bulldogs for Griffen

Guys, says here GWS may get pick 7 from Carlbitch for Jaksch.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ryan-griffen-quits-western-bulldogs-seeks-trade-to-gws-giants/story-fndv8weh-1227085135163

Still hearing the same thing Fog,,,,!!??
No. The Griffen deal stuffs us. GWS would want a top 10 pick and will now package Jaksch with another player so that they can get one.

So Fogdog, you're convinced Bulldogs will relent and trade Griffin despite Gordon's emphatic statement today?

If they stay true to their word and don't trade him (Robbo seems to think it will happen) then pick 7 from the Blues for Jaksch comes into play from GWS.

Would I be right for assuming Pick 7 on its own would be enough for would we push for a later pick as well........given all that has gone on and the disruption to Port Pick 7 would do me fine to be honest.

It’s currently saying that Carlton will get Jaksch AND Whiley AND #19 for pick #7!!! Surely those two would be worth #7 on their own, Jaksch was a #12 only two/three years ago. He would definitely be worth an upgrade of 12 spots.

Don’t rule us out of this one yet.

Still hearing the same thing Fog,???
No. The Griffen deal stuffs us. GWS would want a top 10 pick and will now package Jaksch with another player so that they can get one.
So Fogdog, you’re convinced Bulldogs will relent and trade Griffin despite Gordon’s emphatic statement today?

If they stay true to their word and don’t trade him (Robbo seems to think it will happen) then pick 7 from the Blues for Jaksch comes into play from GWS.

Would I be right for assuming Pick 7 on its own would be enough for would we push for a later pick as well…given all that has gone on and the disruption to Port Pick 7 would do me fine to be honest.
Fogdog was referring to Jaksch, not Ryder. We were trying to muscle in on the deal because Carlton wouldn’t offer enough for Jaksch on his own. But now that GWS is desperate to get #7 to on-trade for Griffen they’re willing to pay overs to Carlton. Sucks on so many grounds.

I reckon Carlton have rocks in their swapping pick 7 for 19 for Jakcsh and Whiley - What a bad deal.

I reckon Carlton have rocks in their swapping pick 7 for 19 for Jakcsh and Whiley - What a bad deal.

It makes sense. Even though Carlton aren't very good at trading, they are still better at trading than they are at drafting.  

How on earth are those two players not worth more than a 12 pick downgrade in the draft???