Ladder Predictor - what's your verdict? Do we make the finals?

If we continue our form I think we are a good show, not sure why people don’t want us to make finals, I am sure the players are trying to win week by week for this reason

2 Likes

Also in a round that has only one score above 100 points, we have had the biggest winning margin so far

1 Like

Yep. Finals experience is critical.

Would be great to see our younger players get a taste of it.

We aren’t finishing in the bottom 4 this year, so it’s not like we’re going to get the best draft pick anyway.

Hypothetically if we made finals, would McGrath be back ?

1 Like

I just think its post traumatic stress disorder relating to the last few times we’ve had a crack haha

1 Like

@Donnington thread from start of year

Don’t go full Donnington

Sorry if there is already a thread but couldn’t find it. What are your predictions? Here’s my top 8

1. Geelong
  2. Brisbane Lions
  3. Port Adelaide
  4. Richmond
  5. West Coast
  6. St Kilda
  7. Western Bulldogs
  8. Collingwood

Have Geelong on top simply because they probably won’t lose a game at home, same with the lions, i think Port will still be strong again. I might be overrating them a little though. Richmond will still be there but may slide a little as they’ve bee up for a while. West Coast are ageing but will win too many home games. St Kilda have been building for a while. They nearly defeated the tigers in the finals last year they should make the 8. The Bulldogs aren’t great (still a very weak/average forward/backline) but their midfield is just too strong for them to not make the 8.
8th was hard. Carlton could make it. Also Fremantle who I rate. But I put collingwood in because their backline is still very strong on paper and teams who are hard to score against usually make the 8.

Some good quotes

Yes

1 Like

He had a knee brace on at the VFLW yesterday.

We should, earlier this week listed as 5-6wks away on AFL injury list. As is Caldwell.

I don’t think Caldwell will play this year, they will be extra cautious. McGrath could be a chance if we made finals somehow.

If we made finals we didn’t need them anyway this year

1 Like

It’s the fear of what has happened before, which has little relevance to this team.

If we make it, back them in to put forward a performance, even in Perth, Sydney, Adelaide or Brisbane.

1 Like

If we want to win finals we do

Or Launceston, yeah well :crazy_face:

1 Like

Yeeeeeeah…
You can say the past is irrelevant, but falling into the finals without winning more than we lose, and playing either Sydney or Port away…

I’ve seen that movie too many times.
The ending doesn’t change.

I wouldn’t be rushing them back though, especially if it meant someone already playing well, missing out.

Coward!

I doubt we make it anyway

Yep, it would be a big ask.
You would hope there is an honest performance in us though.
'17 or '19 levels of bad, yep for sure, wouldn’t want to make it.

Wim I think you have become complacent in not winning a final, it would be worse going in with 16 wins and getting smashed

Lol.
‘You don’t want to shove your hand in the mincer?’
looks at stump
‘I mean…’
‘Coward!’