Ladder Predictor - what's your verdict? Do we make the finals?

Well done Gcs!!!

We have multiple pathways to the 8 now and if we make it we deserve it.

1 Like

Yeah its going to be a weekly ongoing mathematical equation. The gws and Sydney games are going to be huge. I hope Shiel is back for those games.

1 Like

Our round 23 game against Collingwood is shaping up as being a huge game, Hawthorn 2009 style, or 2019.

You’d hope the AFL schedule it Saturday afternoon in the august afternoon sun and 70,000 turn up.

1 Like

Looking like 10 wins with a good percentage will snag 8th spot now

1 Like

The fact that a piece of ■■■■ club like St Kilda can still get in the finals tells you how bad footy has been this season. Whoever finishes 7th/8th is going to be much worse than usual

we can go down to dogs and swans and still make it now thanks to collingwood as long as we win the others that we should, lid starting to shift.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t want to be losing to both and still make the 8.

Time for a scalp!

1 Like

God my biggest fear, making finals in a rebuild year and not quite being there just yet and having another elimination final likely against an interstate team. Too much for me heart.

Or is the competition just more even this year? There seem to be more upsets than a normal season.

I agree, just talking the maths behind it. I want to win all from here but we can drop 1 or two.

1 Like

Knowing us, we’ll somehow scrape into 8th , come up against Port Adelaide away and get torn to pieces by Fantasia

3 Likes

Still a lot to play out WestCoke would need to continue being bad, Collingwood would still need to beat sides above them, Sydney are definitely a top 8 side (or maybe not) St Kilda may not continue this winning trend, Wow Wee anything could happen!!

But according to the commentators the “final 8 was set months ago” :joy:.

Fate seems to be in our hands now. Come on Bombers.

1 Like

If we continue our form I think we are a good show, not sure why people don’t want us to make finals, I am sure the players are trying to win week by week for this reason

2 Likes

Also in a round that has only one score above 100 points, we have had the biggest winning margin so far

1 Like

Yep. Finals experience is critical.

Would be great to see our younger players get a taste of it.

We aren’t finishing in the bottom 4 this year, so it’s not like we’re going to get the best draft pick anyway.

Hypothetically if we made finals, would McGrath be back ?

1 Like

I just think its post traumatic stress disorder relating to the last few times we’ve had a crack haha

1 Like

@Donnington thread from start of year

Don’t go full Donnington

Sorry if there is already a thread but couldn’t find it. What are your predictions? Here’s my top 8

1. Geelong
  2. Brisbane Lions
  3. Port Adelaide
  4. Richmond
  5. West Coast
  6. St Kilda
  7. Western Bulldogs
  8. Collingwood

Have Geelong on top simply because they probably won’t lose a game at home, same with the lions, i think Port will still be strong again. I might be overrating them a little though. Richmond will still be there but may slide a little as they’ve bee up for a while. West Coast are ageing but will win too many home games. St Kilda have been building for a while. They nearly defeated the tigers in the finals last year they should make the 8. The Bulldogs aren’t great (still a very weak/average forward/backline) but their midfield is just too strong for them to not make the 8.
8th was hard. Carlton could make it. Also Fremantle who I rate. But I put collingwood in because their backline is still very strong on paper and teams who are hard to score against usually make the 8.

Some good quotes