Ladder Predictor - what's your verdict? Do we make the finals?

no ones going to Sydney

If a Vic team gets an away final against the swans I think they’d fancy their chances given there’s no friggin way any AFL team is playing football in Sydney until 2022.

Talk of finals is very premature. We need to make sure we win the games we should win - like vs Norf on Sunday - and then worry about what happens after round 23.
None of us wants yet another abysmal finals ‘performance’ in an Elimination Final as we’ve seen so many times before. At least, I don’t!

4 Likes

BuT iTs fInAlS eXpErIeNcE1!

Say we make finals and somehow get matched with Sydney, surely they’d give them the option of where to play if they can’t in NSW.

Theres no way theyre gonna put it in VIC. Unless Sydney ask for GHMBA or something.

hope sydney send us to Tasmania then.

I know at least ten swans fans here so they would have some help holding the banner up.

1 Like

Haven’t entered this thread before now. Didn’t think there would be any chance for us to play finals from here.

Just looked at the relevant teams’ draws. It’s really not unreasonable at all. Pretty easy to see us sitting in the 8 closing out R19.

I’d like to see us in a final even if it’s vs Port.

Good to see how much we have improved vs our performance in round 2.

1 Like

I’ve migrated firmly in to the “hope we make it” camp.

I’ve seen enough of this team to think that anything’s possible on the day.

7 Likes

We’ll make it and we’ll win it!!

1 Like

Agreed.

Plug Shiel & McGrath back into the team and it’ll make a huge difference also

Its about $$$ and that = MCG or Marvel

1 Like

In theory yes.

But we’ve also shown if play outside Vic get huge support.

I’d hope it just stays in Vic however if it did eventuate

Updated after this w/e’s results- we win flag from 7th (10 wins) :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Redid mine factoring in now losing to the chickens and footscray

Port away. No ■■■■■■■ thankyou.

I don’t think we are a Monty to beat Collingwood either. We could drop at least 3 games. Dogs, Swans and Pies.

GWS can beat us too.

They can just about beat any team.

They can also lose to any team!

Depends which version shows up.

3-4 weeks ago looking at our team and the players we might get back, it was a possibility that we make the eight. Now, losing The Langford and the return date for Shiel and co punched back another 2-4 weeks, it does not look as straightforward.

7 Likes

Agree. We are at a point where the names on paper aren’t looking quite as strong.

Any hope we’ve got relies on us really gritting our teeth in the next 3 weeks and at least winning two of those three.

At that point we should begin to welcome back the reinforcements for our midfield.

A true test of whether we’ve improved will be if we win this next match against North.

In the past, we’ve often stumbled against teams we should beat whilst focussing too far ahead on the tougher matches.

I can’t help but think of all the matches we could have won - Hawks first time, Sydney, GWS, Carlton, even Melbourne.

To ease the ‘what if’ feeling’ - Even with those as wins, we’d still probably be struggling to make Top 4.

I do want us to make the finals and win the first one.

1 Like