Ladder Predictor - what's your verdict? Do we make the finals?

Turn that frown upside down!

Big week of footy next week for sure.

If Geelong beat Dockers I think we go into the 8

If we want to play and win finals, we will. And if we do, we deserve to be there.

I would take them all 100 times again over a repeat of the 2014 elimination final vs North Melbourne.

If we make finals we will win at least one as we will have gone bananas.

Go Bombers

Pretty accurate summary for us

1 Like

It is a pretty ‘easy’ equation for us. We can afford to drop one game. You would think Dogs will have us comfortably.

So then our season really probably rests on the Sydney game. Win that and we probably get in. Lose that and then we are relying on everything going right around us.

THere are no easy games in the AFL… so we have to keep playing good footy for all of them but I would be confident we can go close.

1 Like

I think Richmond get their act together and saints have turned a corner. Love the progress weve made this year, been a huge success. However, We’re not ready yet and our fans should accept that - still have lots of gaps on our list to fill

5 Likes

We’re not ready but still every chance of falling in thanks to everyone else ■■■■■■■■ the bed.

Could even fall in with 11 wins.

Should we make it be it with 11 or 12 wins, we’ll be going to Sydney or Adelaide.

Wont be Sydney, that’s for damn sure.

Nobody will be going to Sydney for a good long while…

Swans will request GMHBA you’d think, given their record down there, or perhaps Marvel.

The AFL would put it at the MCG with the big following the Swans have in Melbourne. Easily fill it 3/4 for a Swans v Essendon final

1 Like

You’d think so

Is this for real?

Swans still have a heap of the “South” brigade and decent membership in Victoria. They have had some decent crowds at the MCG

1 Like

The last swans game I went to had 60K. The Bastards were everywhere

One of the things I like about Ben Rutten is that he absolutely refuses to talk about finals. At every interview he does he’s asked whether we’ll make the finals and he never answers. All he says is that he’s focussed on getting the team playing the right way and winning the next game they have coming up. I love that. It’s a version of the old “one week at a time” attitude. Concentrate on what’s happening right now. Worry about finals if and when they happen.

One thing we should have learnt from the last few weeks is that any team in this competition can beat any other team. North on Sunday should be an easy game, on paper; but they just knocked of West Coast and they played damn well to do it. We need to concentrate on beating them, not waste time making calculations based on us winning this game and that game and losing some other game. We can win them all and we can lose them all. I know which one I’d prefer.

6 Likes

they have the second highest winning % at Marvel in the comp

Yeah they’ve got a very good record at both Marvel and GMHBA.

That said, when you play fewer games at a venue, 1 result can distort the percentages significantly.