Ladder Predictor - what's your verdict? Do we make the finals?

I reckon to sneak into the 8, we need to lose no more than 4 for the rest of the year. If the games go the way I think they will, factoring in improvement throughout the year, returns from injury, good luck injury wise - I think Dreamtime could be the old “8 point game” - I think Tigers are going to be around that 8th spot. Also think that Suns at Metricon could be the game to trip us up.

Norf (Marvel) W
Eagles (Optus) L
Tigers (MCG) ???
Hawks (MCG) W
Demons (MCG) L
Cats (GMHBA) L
Crows (Marvel) W
Norf (Marvel) W
Giants (Marvel) W
Swans (Marvel) W
Dogs (Marvel) L
Suns (Metricon) ???
Pies (MCG) W

Of course if we factor in Essington, we’ll get done by Norf this week, smacked by the Eagles, lose by a point to the Tigers and then it’ll be season over.

1 Like

Got us beating the Dogs?

■■■■. that’s a typo.

1 Like

We won’t beat the dogs, they love towelling us up

the only way we’ll beat the Dogs is if it’s mathematically impossible for us to make finals.

Then there’s nothing surer that we’ll come out and win.

But I’ve edited the typo :rofl:

1 Like

As bizarre as it sounds, finals is vaguely achievable when you look at that draw.

I have a theory for predicting things like this, honed by many years of Essington. It’s to choose the outcome that will torture me most. Which means we win a decent chunk of those games, but finish 9th after losing to the Pies in the last round. It will probably be the Pies only win in the last 2 months of the season.

2 Likes

I reckon the highlight of our year will be a 3 game streak which we could already be in. You her teams usually struggle at the end of a long season. I think we’ll end up on seven wins. Which is probably enough of a taste to keep them keen for next year. You have to get a taste for it and 7 wins would be just the right amount for our kids to want more next year

There is no way we’ll play finals this year and why would we want to push our youngsters trying, when we are NOT THERE yet or ready? Our last finals matches ought to have shown us something which needs to not be there for us to succeed.

Our time will come but we are a couple of years off yet. In 2024/25. The Bombers will strike.
Boom!!! Boom!!! Boom!!!

1 Like

We need two more that have the promise of Archie Perkins and hope 2/3 kick on to be great midfielders who can push forward of centre and kick goals.

Perkins has the potential. Really hope we add to our list in that area.

I still have us finishing first.

2 Likes

Don’t we wish.

We won’t make finals, Zac will leave and will get a couple of good young kids for next 10 years

I’ve got us going 6-7 from here. Anything less than that would be disappointing based on what we’ve seen from this team so far.

North twice, Hawthorn, Adelaide, Suns and Pies. We should be winning those.

Having said that, there’s no reason we can’t take advantage of a depleted Richmond and get wins in Melbourne over the Harbour Twins. That’d give us 9-4.

It appears that it’s technically possible for us to finish 8th with only 10 wins

With the Eagles winning the past 2 games, I don’t think it will be possible for us to make finals.

Well it is possible, i just let the autotip do its thing and this is how it came up.

We can also miss the 8 with 12 wins

port v essendon, elimination, interstate

what could go wrong

6 Likes

I don’t want us to make finals. Need to finish low to get the best possible pick. The team needs more quality- get hammered in another final that we aren’t ready for is the last thing we need

4 Likes

If we’re the next Richmond then we will probably finish 9th

1 Like