Ladder Predictor - what's your verdict? Do we make the finals?

Fletcher not playing either. I’ve seen this movie before.

3 Likes

SA have another HQ leak and the game is played in Melbourne instead?

3 Likes

Given how we played against WC and even Richmond I’d be far more confident that’s not going to happen if we made it to finals (unlikely) and played a 5th best team

We’ve had two bad losses only this year. First in round 2 vs Port where we still finding our way and lost multiple players in game. And the other in round 5 vs Brisbane in the monsoon.

We’d want to have majority of our best side back though if made finals. All our mids & Draper firing.

This is a very different team as far as commitment to the cause than we’ve had in recent years. League leading tackle numbers and generating high numbers of inside 50’s/opportunities.

2 Likes

I’d just like to point out, we are not making finals

5 Likes

I understand where your coming from, but i think we have to play the long game this year. Finish as low as possible, get the best pick we can. Load up on talent and then push for a finals spot next year.

Take the short term pain this year, but reap the rewards down the track

1 Like

I would think that if we were to make finals from here, we’d have to be in pretty good form when they arrive. (We won’t be limping in.)

Port over there wouldn’t be our best chance, however.

1 Like

I want us to win every single week.

So where does that leave us if every weeks a good week?

I agree with people’s sentiments on the higher pick having a greater benefit

But the coach and the team are going out trying to win every game. There is no tanking happening. The greater good of a team playing the final whistle every game and having the right mindset supersedes a 3-4 position better draft pick.

Also more likely to re-sign Merrett, and lure others.

There have been some deliberate development choices on selection made however

4 Likes

We can get lovett Murray to ruck again

The top ten in the draft are all really even won’t be a bad pick in the top ten

1 Like

The long game? You want to push for finals next year? I propose we don’t win a final for 16 years. Imagine our draft haul then!

1 Like

We’re obviously not making finals. Not only are we already too far back, but we will probably drop off in the last third of the year as the kids start to get tired.

For what’s it’s worth, I don’t think we’ll make it next year either. Second year of a rebuild is often worse than the first, a lot of young kids have second year blues. And I think that’s ok too.

Have two good solid rebuilding years where we don’t get ahead of ourselves, and we can really start the charge in 2023 I reckon.

next year, we’d be a chance. we’ll likely get a good draw. it’ll depend on pur injury run, imo

1 Like

We aren’t playing many kids though.

Unless you trust St Kilda to hit form, we need to drop a game and a decent chuck of percentage to finish bottom six.

1 Like

If we make the 8, or get close, we will have played some great footy…that’s gotta be good. I don’t really think the “kids will get tired” thing is a thing. We have experienced players to come in, although Hurls is not looking like it from what we hear (nothing). It’s not like there are 6 or 7 of them. I want to win

1 Like

I’ve got us 9th. It’ll come down to Sydney v Suns and we’ll miss.

1 Like

We will win a final
#may or maynot be in the next 10 years

We have 12 players out injured and while we may be temporarily in the 8, we are the hot potato. Maybe rest a couple of youngsters and bring in a player or two from the seconds.
We need to finish a bit further down the ladder.

That is NOT tanking…much.

2022 is our year of expansion. Another pre-season, another year of our team playing together is going to make a huge difference to us. Also less players injured and back on the park.

So many carts being put far in advance of the horses in this thread.

2 Likes