Launching of Fed Sq Walk to G April 2nd - Walk at 12.34pm

Last 5 games at the G vs the Dee’s the average crowd - 45365 with a highest of 51k. I heard 70k was the aim, that would be an incredible effort considering. Anything over 60000 would be a win.

In 2013 our first home game after the bomb dropped was against Melbourne at the G. We won by 150 points. Think about that.

In 2013 our first home game after the bomb dropped was against Melbourne at the G. We won by 150 points. Think about that.

I might tweet that…nice pickup

Yep will do the road trip down. Excellent work by CJ and the team.

Where does the grog squad stand at the G?

Yep will do the road trip down. Excellent work by CJ and the team.

Where does the grog squad stand at the G?

Punt Road end behind the goals (20 metres from gate 4).

I must say. Part of my decision to come is the fact we will be half a chance. Lol

Excellent inititave though CJ. agree wholehearetdly that a walk to show we are still here, we support the 34 affected players and we love this club is a great idea. this is the start of a new era, i want to be able to say yep, i was there.

I fkn love this club. Footy and the EFC is more than a game for me, its a lifestyle. We’ve been through this, and it hasn’t broken us or the club. Only upwards from here. We Are Essendon

Great initiative I think. This will gather steam quickly once it gets a bit of media coverage. I’ll definately be there to support the 34.
In another show of support I’ll also be drinking 34 beers at the MCG on the day

In another show of support I'll also be drinking 34 beers at the MCG on the day

THIS

Im in!

Throw 34 land rovers off the top deck.

Y & J’s … 10.30 … or 10.01.

I might tweet that…nice pickup

Forgot to post that it was round two as well. And a Saturday (albeit night).

<blockquote class="Quote" rel="Hurley's left boot" In another show of support I'll also be drinking 34 beers at the MCG on the day

And 12 shots.?

Yep … 12 shots, 34 beers, … the perfect day out.

See ya’s in the Divvy van …

How is this march being promoted to other Essendon fans who don’t read Blitz, Big footy, Facebook etc?

I’m all for it and will be there, but I’m worried about it turning into a non event.

I don’t want anymore embarrassment.

How is this march being promoted to other Essendon fans who don't read Blitz, Big footy, Facebook etc?

I’m all for it and will be there, but I’m worried about it turning into a non event.

If you don’t want embarrassment… then take it upon yourself to personally invite every EFC fan you know and ensure that you are responsible for bringing at least 20 people to the event. If every blitzer, BF and FB fan did that… then it would be pretty impressive.
How is this march being promoted to other Essendon fans who don't read Blitz, Big footy, Facebook etc?

I am meeting with the club Monday on using their resources which obviously have key access to all members and club website to help promote the day as well. Have people also at the Shepparton game handing out flyers. Most key Facebook groups have been promoting heavily and the feedback has been extremely strong. Club will announce some big things for Round 2 also next Monday or Tuesday which will only strengthen the whole day as well. Working on BJ who is on the Footy Show soon to help promote as well . Lots of behind the scenes planning to really make this significant. Simon Madden sent me a great email and said he would love to be there. Barry Capuano(ex players president) is updating me soon on which ex players can make it…but they want to support it fully.

Truth is, and I do mean this with respect.

EFC supporters rocking up to a march to support EFC players is great as far as showing an additional level of support for the 12/34 as fans.

But a true statement to the injustice that was served could only be made if a significant number of NON-EFC supporters also marched.

Now THAT would get people really talking, THAT would be something really significant.

It might get a bit of talk happening at the time but the press would just focus lenses on Essendon fans and try to water it down.

I guess this would be inappropriate for the march?

I guess this would be inappropriate for the march?

Most appropriate. It’s a free country. I’d like to have a sign with the quote about leaving out the bits that don’t suit.