Lawn

Mate give your lawn a back up spray two weeks after initial spray. Some weeds can be stubborn buggers. There is a product called Spearhead or Javelin if you can get it that hits a host of weeds in couch.

All you gotta do is identify the weed, and then find a weed killer that is specific to that, and not gonna kill your grass.

I targeted some oxalis a week or so ago. Laid out on the grass today and pulled it all out. You could see a lot of it was dead/dying.

God I wish i could do that. Probably works great in a single-species lawn, but I’ve got GRASSLAND. Mix of themeda, microlaenia, poa of at least four different kinds, dichopogon, pultanea, dianella, plus sundews and orchids, ground wattles and wonga vine, hardenbergia and a dozen different types of ground cover I haven’t even Identified yet. No matter what I try, I figure SOMETHING is going to die when I don’t want it to.

There’s two different selective herbicides to get rid of briza that I’ve heard of - going to try both of them (plus a gas burner) one small test patches next year, Hopefully one of them will work without being too destructive. I’ve got ~1/2 an a acre shot through with briza, and even though I try to slash it before it can seed every year, I’m at best slowing it down…

1 Like

just torch it all then claim 40,000 year old subsistence technique.

subsistence hey? i wonder if onionweed is edible? Smells oniony enough, after all…

Call it native grasses and get a grant from the Greens

It IS native grasses. I’ve gone to a great deal of trouble to make it that way. I’ve got endangered ground covers up behind the house that make the bushland survey people do cartwheels. And I get some $ from my (liberal-dominated) council for keeping it that way, but if there’s no selective herbicide that attacks briza without wiping the natives too, then throwing my rebate at it ain’t gonna help me a lot…

3 Likes

We’ve been broken. After having a landscaper come out to look at our rear lawn. The original landscaper didnt put adequate drainage in and its rotted the grass.

We are looking at artificial as they said it would cost the same as fixing the other guys mistake. Rip up lawn, dig it out, lay more drainage in etc.

Anyone gone the artificial for rear and front (rather than just front).

Pros and cons?

I’ll send you a 2 inch piece of Kikuyu runner if you like.

You can just walk out & drop the bastard anywhere you like, … even on a Concrete path, & I’ll guarantee it will be trying to come through your back door in 12 months.

Shitt grows anywhwere.

I planted a few runners from my front garden into my back garden when I ripped up an old garden path.

Took no time to spread and fill in the gaps

1 Like

It looks crap.

1 Like

Mate, in my opinion the wogs are all over it (i use that term endearingly BTW).

Dont become a slave to your garden - or your house in general. Same with drying underpants and socks. Just use the bloody dryer on warm (i find hot ruins the stretchyness).

Concrete the whole lot (not the underpants), pour yourself a pina colada with a chunk of pinapple and loopy straw, and watch your neighbours lose hours they will never see again.

Mind you, lawn mowing is pretty therapeutic. maybe leave a flat area with 25 min worth. that can be the pina colada area.

1 Like

Ooh lah-de-dah from the person with the huge estate…

mow, durry break, wee, mow, morning tea, talking to neighbour, mow, fixing mower, swearing at mower, attacking mower…

therapy.

1 Like

I’m happy to get into the garden. Thats not an issue, the landscaper we had to come out daid the original job was done ■■■■ (when we built). Not enough drainage killed the buffalo because the roots weren’t deep enough and it just got boggy (last months).

Wife has her heart set on artificial.

Me not so much but happy wife = happy life

I’ve done a bit of installation of turf. Imo it always looks horrible compared to what we started with. Didn’t last long doing that obviously.

i hate cooch.

its everywhere down here.

all it needs is cane toads.

You hate cooch?

Ok.

1 Like