Leadership Group 2018 - Announced

Have they even decided on a leadership group yet? We don’t want people to waste their speculation on nothing

What else do you do on blitz in the off-season if you can’t speculate?

3 Likes

Some stuff dropping on the clubs instagram. Pure speculation it could be leading to this.

2 Likes

C: Heppell
VC: Merrett & Hooker
Leadership Group: Hurley, Daniher, Fantasia, Myers

Great mix of young and old.

All talent.

2 Likes

Love Fantasia addition. Dislike the Myers inclusion because I don’t see him as a best 22 player. Would have preferred BJ.

2 Likes

From the article, BJ didn’t want to be in the group.
“Goddard was voted into the group but felt the time was right to step aside to provide his teammates with the opportunity to pursue their leadership ambitions.”

13 Likes

Wow Raz!

No Goddard

Pumped for Raz, good on him. Surprised to see Myers in there - thought that Zaharakis would’ve got the nod ahead of him.

I’ve heard people at the club say Myers is such a smart footballer that he can assess gameplans, strategy and articulate it as good if not better than some coaching staff.

So perhaps this is just recognition of the type of guy he is. People talk about him like a future CEO.

4 Likes

Saw Myers there and figured he will be the VFL skipper!

Then get him into those positions hes a borderline liability on game day.

Bahaha, Jesus there are some ■■■■■■■ idiots around here.
Well done David Myers.

9 Likes

Let’s be honest. Even though he is not officially part of the leadership group, everyone on the team will still follow his instructions.

RAZ. Looks arrogant.

Obviously the club is in the best position to know who should be in the leadership group and it looks like a strong group - do I’m not bagging them … but I am surprised that BJ and Zaharakis are not included. I assume BJ wants to spend more time with his family, free of the added responsibility. But why no Zaharakis?

It’s player voted

Goddard was nominated/voted for by the squad but chose not to take position.

Zaka obviously wasn’t/didn’t get enough votes.

Ok…

It’s no surprise that Zaharakis wasn’t in. Let’s be honest.

He wasn’t even vice-captain in 2016. There’s no way he would be getting picked to be in a leadership group with the like of Daniher, Merrett & Fantasia who spend countless extra hours doing personal training, and going to opposition games because they want to scout the opposition.