Least Funny "Comedy" on TV?

Big Bang Theory / Two Broke Girls.

That should be everyone’s answer.

Quoted Post

Whoever said Rules of Engagement is the winner of this thread.

King of Queens has to be up there too. Ran for nearly a decade somehow. Undisputed world champion of the “unfunny fat guy with hot and forgiving wife” genre.

Molly and some guy I don’t even care?

That’s been a thing since the Honeymooners and before. Even the Simpsons is based on it.

Quoted Post

Most American sitcoms are utter tripe. Aussie tv is worse though and that's how we end up with all their crap. The project is for the unemployed like that unfunny flog Peter Hellier who goes grovelling to Rove the unfunny ■■■■ because he'd be ineligible for centalynk.

I wish it would die a thoudand deaths.

With typos like that, you might struggle to fill out a centrelink form!

Funny rant though :slight_smile:

I think pretty much every comedy/sitcom has been listed in this thread. Tough crowd!

I don’t mind Modern Family, or Big Bang Theory. Well I didn’t mind them but their formula is a bit more obvious now than when they started out.

Funny that no one has mentioned “Louie”. His stand up is pretty good but most of the episodes are just completely lacking in humour. Seriously, get over the fact that he one of the most respected comedian’s lately, and watch the show for what it is. Boring, drab, and painful.

I concur with those paying out on The King Of Queens, Rules of Engagement and other b-grade sitcoms, but at least they try to be funny.

I like to enjoy my comedy so I generally don’t go looking for negatives…

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Almost every US comedy still running is awful. There are very few exceptions, those being Episodes, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Parks & Rec and Community. That's it. Everything else still being made is stock standard laugh track drivel. Modern Family isn't bad and is a damn sight better than most shows, but its light years behind these four.

I urge you to watch Brooklyn Nine Nine, that show if ■■■■■■■ hilarious

Agreed, Brooklyn 9-9 is pretty good.

I also rated Jim Jefferies show ‘Legit’.

Pretty much all of them really but Big Bang Theory offends me the most deeply.

Is Two and a Half Men still going? Surely that horse has been flogged and drained and flogged some more.

Isn’t it the highest rating comedy in the country?

And people wonder who votes for folk like Leyonholm…

Tried to watch Big Bang Theory 3 times (I wanted to make sure I tried).

Never laughed once.

It’s interesting that “HA HA HE IS ON THE AUTISM SPECTRUM” is an acceptable joke these days.
Quoted Post
Almost every US comedy still running is awful. There are very few exceptions, those being Episodes, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Parks & Rec and Community. That's it. Everything else still being made is stock standard laugh track drivel. Modern Family isn't bad and is a damn sight better than most shows, but its light years behind these four.

I tried, it comes on after something I watch.
It clearly really, really, really wants to be seen in that company.

And it is a mile from deserving to be in that company.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

I tried, it comes on after something I watch.
It clearly really, really, really wants to be seen in that company.

And it is a mile from deserving to be in that company.

I’ve heard good things about Brookyln Nine Nine, and I’m an Andy Samberg fan, so I’ll check it out on your recommendation Ben.

I have also should have mentioned Louis, which is excellent (though I don’t think its a traditional sitcom, hence why I didn’t mention it in my earlier post). The laugh track still annoys me though.

Quoted Post

I have also should have mentioned Louis, which is excellent (though I don't think its a traditional sitcom, hence why I didn't mention it in my earlier post). The laugh track still annoys me though.

I don’t mind it.
It’s not consistently great, but it’s not bad.
Sarah Silverman show is a similar format, arguably works better even though I think he’s maybe a better comic.

That Mr Kelly from Hey Dad is more creepy than funny.

Idiot abroad

The first two seasons of Louie are pretty funny, it went darker and more abstract as it went on.

It’s almost like a continuous Indie film now. I like it, but it’s not funny anymore.

Oh, and whoever suggested ‘Episodes’ as a good show, cheers. I binged on a few episodes last night, it’s great

Good comedies that have been blatantly ignored by the mainstream but have done well anyway and made a lot of money from cult followings…

Always Sunny in Philadelphia
The Mighty Boosh
Curb Your Enthusiasm
The Legend of ■■■■ and Dom
Darkplace
Horrible Histories
How Not to live your Life
Dead Ringers

Quoted Post

Idiot abroad
I reckon that's funny.i aiso like get smart and most things Rohan akinson does.thats a weird bunch I know but I've just got back from a cruise and can now afford to drink large amounts of beer.ps.i come I can't like comments anymore.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Idiot abroad
I reckon that's funny.i aiso like get smart and most things Rohan akinson does.thats a weird bunch I know but I've just got back from a cruise and can now afford to drink large amounts of beer.ps.i come I can't like comments anymore.
Try the little up arrow next to a number on the top right of a post.

A reply to: @rossoneri regarding QuoteLink

I'm watching New Girl, gone through three seasons now. Only one character is funny, maybe 2. Other 2 are pox.

Yeah but Zooey Deschanel is awesome.

Big bang theory, two and a half men, broke girls are utter ■■■■■.

I love Veep and have laughed myself silly watching it.