Least Funny "Comedy" on TV?

Upper Middle Bogan.

Big bang theory.

Nothing wrong with Modern Family. Good show.

Bagging The Young Ones/Python et al tells me all I need to know about your taste in comedy, TMB! Yikes!

I loved The Young Ones, monty python not so much. In fact not at all.

Monty Python’s good was very, very good.

When it was bad it was painful to watch.

Just saw 2min of black adder. That’s a great show.

Quoted Post

Almost every US comedy still running is awful. There are very few exceptions, those being Episodes, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Parks & Rec and Community. That's it. Everything else still being made is stock standard laugh track drivel. Modern Family isn't bad and is a damn sight better than most shows, but its light years behind these four.

I urge you to watch Brooklyn Nine Nine, that show if ■■■■■■■ hilarious

Quoted Post

I've never watched a full episode but New Girl literally was one of the shittest I've seen. Even the ads for the show are horrendous.

And +1 for:
Broke Girls. Trainwreck with canned laughter.
Anything Tim Allen has done since Home Improvement. Including movies.
Anything Matt LeBlanc has done since Friends (‘Joey’ is a trainwreck.)
Kath & Kim US Version.

Wtf, toy story?

What’s that show with an arrogant Doogie Howser in a suit in a bar? Is that still around? F’ing ■■■■■.

re: link

Bagging The Young Ones/Python et al tells me all I need to know about your taste in comedy, TMB! Yikes!

I loved The Young Ones, monty python not so much. In fact not at all.

My bad, you said “since the Young Ones”.

Actually I haven’t seen a great British comedy for 5+ years. Probably not since Peepshow at its peak. The Thick Of It was good. But since The Young Ones (best show ever) / early 80s there has been a stack of great ones. A list for a different thread.

Sorry, but the Young Ones hasn’t aged particularly well

Tell that to Roger Bannister.

Agree Young Ones has not aged well at all, was great in the day though.

Well, certainly it’s of its time, and you would have a difficult time recruiting new followers, but if you grew up with it and co-opted it into your own humour over the years, it still delivers. Pioneers don’t have to be eternally fresh, they just have to leave a legacy.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
I've never watched a full episode but New Girl literally was one of the shittest I've seen. Even the ads for the show are horrendous.

And +1 for:
Kath & Kim US Version.

Wtf, toy story?

He did Toystory now?

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

And +1 for:
Kath & Kim US Version.

Wtf, toy story?

He did Toystory now?
Tim Allen did. And as if Galaxy Quest wasn't funny. Or does that fall into the during Home Improvement category?

Agree with the general consensus though that Big Bang, Two and Half Men and Two Broke Girls are the worst things on TV at the moment.

Whoever said Rules of Engagement is the winner of this thread.

King of Queens has to be up there too. Ran for nearly a decade somehow. Undisputed world champion of the “unfunny fat guy with hot and forgiving wife” genre.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

And +1 for:
Kath & Kim US Version.

Wtf, toy story?

He did Toystory now?
Voiced Buzz Lightyear

Quoted Post

What's that show with an arrogant Doogie Howser in a suit in a bar? Is that still around? F'ing ■■■■■.
How I Met Your Mother. And agreed, it's garbage.

“Anger Management”

Charlie Sheen show he did after being sacked from Two and a Half Men. Tries to play the same character

Most American sitcoms are utter tripe. Aussie tv is worse though and that’s how we end up with all their crap.
The project is for the unemployed like that unfunny flog Peter Hellier who goes grovelling to Rove the unfunny ■■■■ because he’d be ineligible for centalynk.

I wish it would die a thoudand deaths.

re: link

Most American sitcoms are utter tripe. Aussie tv is worse though and that's how we end up with all their crap. The project is for the unemployed like that unfunny flog Peter Hellier who goes grovelling to Rove the unfunny ■■■■ because he'd be ineligible for centalynk.

I wish it would die a thoudand deaths.

:)) Don’t most Aussie shows exist to keep terrible comedians employed…