Let’s just admit - we are sh*t

Hibberd, Snelling, Townsend, McKernan in the same team scream bottom side 6 side to me.

8 Likes

We’ll beat Adelaide next week, and everything will be fine again.

6 Likes

What do they all have in common . They are other clubs rejects .

This is what happens when we cant get control of the footy from the outset.
Missing Heppell, Sheil and at times Stringer made a huge difference to our ball winning ability.

Still some way off it.

1 Like

Watch Gibbs come in and get 35disp…

3 Likes

The talent is there, but the almost unwillingness to work hard without the ball when another team comes at us is absolutely terrible

We have made some real strides this season, but our lack of a killer instinct along with the groups habit of just turning up to matches not being prepared to work hard is killing our chances of any sort of success

11 Likes

Dodoro does love recycling. They are earnest player who have a go but we’ll never build a top side from previously delisted players

1 Like

Is this the match review thread or lid on?

all 4 are smart players to have on the list as squads players in case best 22 are injured. a shame that they are picked week in week out

1 Like

Nope. I don’t thinks so

Let’s be real about this

LOL. As a former Carlton player, he’ll kill us. We used to play Fevola and then Waite into form. Waite would’ve been goalless for five previous matches and then kick five against us, sign a contract extension and do nothing for the next five games.

6 Likes

we have some good pieces, but the list overall isn’t good enough.

we lack size and skill across the middle of the ground.

we lack genuine marking ability between the arcs.

we haven’t had a decent wing for i don’t even know how long now.

the dogs won a flag and then went and got a ball pig like dunkley who wasn’t even there tonight, english who reamed us and smith who is a fkn gun , we’ve been hiding in the middle of the ladder forever and while we have good players, they don’t consistently stack up against the better opposition.

we were never going to win tonight, but we copped yet another belting from the same side.

1 step forward, 2 steps back.

12 Likes

por que no los dos

Look I’m sure the boys will be disappointed… All head back to Royal Pines and…play FIFA 2020 til 5 in the morning

7 Likes

We were ordinary tonight. We weren’t switched on early, but were still well in it, but over and over the umps saw it one way, and we went from “not quite switched on” to just folding. Get an even run from the umps through the 2nd half of the 2nd quarter and perhaps we find the switch. Or perhaps we don’t. But it’s easy to look rubbish when the Dogs are allowed to do as they please. They’re a good side when things go their way, and they were allowed to do as they please by the umps, and then by us.

We’re still well in this season. I think the balance of our side was a bit off tonight, some due to lack of resources, some due to injuries and suspensions, but some due to selection. Tweak some of the balance, get a few back and then watch us be amongst it.

In: Francis, Mozzie is a pretty good start.

1 Like

Missing our captain, arguably our best midfielder, our two best forwards. I don’t think tonight showed we are a bad team, showed we lack depth of talent.

2 Likes

We’re a pretty good team. We were 4-1, beat Collingwood, beat Sydney in Sydney. Not too bad most weeks, but not too good against Doggies or Blues.

1 Like

It’s has been years and years of almost everybody in the afl world saying we need big body midfielders. ■■■■■■■ years. How we still havn’t got any decent body mids is beyond me.

We are a dumb football team full stop. We complain about the umpires (am guilty) but the amount of dumb free kicks we give away is astounding. Devon smith trying to be hard ■■■■ cost of 2 50 meter penalties. The amount of ruck infringements, particularly by smack. Jesus Christ.

I’m so frustrated and angry and sad. When will we ever be good? I have not gone into a game 100% confident at all this year.

■■■■■■■ Essendon

9 Likes

Got a sneaky pic of Essendon recovery at Royal Pines

3 Likes

The dogs are actually are good, hard running side with excellent disposal. We were cut up tonight. the way they played was the way we are supposed to be playing, or so I thought.

There probably wont be many changes seeing how many injuries we have, so we better have some better plans in place to win the footy in clearances… please!

1 Like