Let’s just admit - we are sh*t

That’s it. Tonight was officially the night I actually gave up hope for this football club.

These were supposed to be the “glory” years. We’re only going backwards from here. We don’t even look close to being a contender, if anything we’re getting closer to the bottom 4 than top 4. How pathetic that after building and building and building we are STILL are barely a finals contender.

We BARELY beat an Adelaide team that is 0-10 and it probably the most useless team in memory, what does that tell you?

17 Likes

Log out champ.

JD,Stringer,Fantasia,Tippa.

Remember when they roamed the forward line together?

JD hasn’t played for two n a half years,wanted a trade to the Swans.
Stringer does an 8 week injury.
Fantaa is Teflon.
Tippa seems somewhat disinterested.

There’s the forwardline done.

McKenna wants to go home.
Heppells been cooked all yr.
We have virtually no midfield depth in the twos.

Its just another chapter in a long sorry tale of woe.

Im seriously concerned about the club.
Its bereft.

3 Likes

Feb 1998.
Yep, that’s right.
22-and–a-half years.
That’s how long Dodo has been at Essington.

2000 was won with players recruited well before his reign.
We’ve been shithouse pretty much ever since.

1 plus 1 generally does equal 2…

3 Likes

I wish people would stop buying memberships and attending matches, need to hit them where it hurts, sadly they wont…

3 Likes

You say that every week.

1 Like

I cancelled my membership after seeing another garbage display a few weeks back, the $700 in my pocket feels a lot better than all the money i’ve wasted on this garbage club over the past 15 years.

1 Like

According to figures, we are down 16,000 compared to last year and I suspect more will follow next year if we continue the same predictable pattern.

1 Like

I don’t get it just wasting money.

I stopped being a member in ‘09’ and it’s best decision I’ve ever made club doesn’t get any of my hard earned until they show me they are serious as a club and not happy to be just mediocre

2 Likes

I’m pretty much at my wit’s end tonight. I don’t really know what to say. I guess it is a sign that I haven’t lost all hope that I’m still this farking deflated…

This is starting to feel like an abusive relationship.

2 Likes

We can only hope

Spot on, I’ve never been a member and haven’t been to a game since 2017, not missing anything

I use to go to every game but the last two seasons haven’t pick and choose when to go

1 Like

Tonight is really breaking my heart… I’m so farking ■■■■■■ at the club. How can we bloody lose that game!

For the first time ever in 20 years, I am seriously considering cancelling my membership. Fark me this club is rooted.

It’s all a ■■■■ ■■■■ culture, no heart and passion at all… a bunch of dumb farking footballers, no brains to make the right decisions on the field.

What the hell is going to turn this club around?

3 Likes

We haven’t finished top 6 since 2002. Literally every club other than GC has done it during that time. Our percentage is below 90 at 5-4. I’d rather not make finals only to be smashed in another EF. Just papers over the cracks.

We win that and we’d be 6-3 with a percentage of below 90? No thanks. Glad we lost. I’d rather we recognise our shitness.

3 Likes

Embrace the tank!!

5 Likes

I don’t think you’ll have to worry

1 Like

Yep, just play kids and players we need decisions on, forget everything else.

2 Likes

Me too - 20 year member and they can fark off.

It has been 17 odd years since we’ve been a decent team. Look at the list of debacles:

• Sheedy hanging on 3 to 4 years too long. Topping up hoping for success (pretty similar to what we’ve been doing just worse players than the latest top ups)
  • Peter Jackson tight fisted management resulting from us having one of the best performance/medico team in the mid 90s to the worst by mid 00s. Remember what Chappy and Bomber said about our facilitates when they returned?
  • Knights getting the role by BS instead of Hardwick’s realistic assessment? And the Board bought his BS. Subsequently treating club legends like Lucas and LLoyd like dirt but lauding the next messiah of Neagle?
  • In panic or arrogance thought Hird can turn the club around with no experience. Remember Choco was close and even Bomber?
  • Then when we had a chance to keep Bomber after a great 2014 (relatively speaking), brought Hird back after telling him he got the job? Despite all the ■■■■ he got us to play with a system and the players loved him as much as Hird,
  • Then we extended Woosha contract too long
  • Then the way we managed injuries
  • Never drafting for needs. Dodo 20+ years at the club?

You can’t make up these fark ups! It has been 17 years of incompetence. Time to raze Rome and rebuild it.

1. Dodo need to go
  2. X need to go
  3. Move on players or permanent sit them in VFL for those that wont be in the next great team

We can start with these 3. Put all club personnel on notice that we dont take ■■■■ no more.

The last enjoyable year I had was funny enough 2016.

6 Likes

Consider this, what was the best result for us tonight if we’re thinking premierships