Let’s just admit - we are sh*t

Play the kids the rest of this season. There is no point in finishing mid table or 8th and then getting smashed first week of finals.
Clean out the rot and end of season and make a fresh start with a new coach.
Trade player who have some value for picks and anyone who wishes to leave can move on out.
I honestly wouldn’t begrudge a guy like Hurley for wanting a chance to play his final years at a successful club and atleast taste some finals success.

3 Likes

Because with all the formline in the world Dodoro has picked numerous duds so a shot in the dark has to be better odds than that. Blind luck’s our best hope. Its the closest thing to an even playing field we’ve had - all recruiters will be clueless.

1 Like

Stop recruiting other clubs coaching staff. We take brilliant people from successful clubs which must ■■■■ them off massively, and then turn them into duds here. Knights was a dumb choice, but at least we had the balls to try something unique.

1 Like

We are ■■■■ if we’re not almost full strength.

End thread.

2 Likes

did anyone question whether we were at full strength in the second quarter?

5 Likes

Nope, but did anyone question if we could do that again for another 2 quarters considering we weren’t at full strength?

1 Like

I agree. We want to implement a Richmond game plan but our players aren’t suitable for it. I want a coach that can get the best out of our playing list. Then through recruitment evolve the game plan over time. We’ve lost all our rebounding skills , esp down the middle, since Truck turned up. Our game plan is in no mans land, just like where we are in the ladder.

2 Likes

well, if you can do it for TWENTY minutes i reckon you can do it again for at least another 20

Nope, we can’t.

1 Like

Our rebounding game was not sustainable all our attacks started from half back what we saw in the 2nd qrt is a much better brand than sling shot footy just need to apply it every week and every qrt

Who is our skills coach and how the ■■■■ do we keep them away from Jordan.

3 Likes

We’ve played 1 good quarter out of the last 4 games. If that doesn’t convince you nothing will.

1 Like

Yup, my kids were super excited and we were planning to go tonight, but after the insipidity of the last couple of weeks/decades, in our family’s current covid-impacted economic circumstances, I simply can’t justify the cost of the fuel for the 10 hour return trip, plus the reserved seating we have to buy because of the Covid restrictions, and the eating out, and possibly overnight accommodation as well.

We already pay for four memberships and I’m simply not willing to put any more money into supporting the club when the club doesn’t seem willing to put in all that much for us. At the very least, someone at the club could raise some questions about the palpably biased and entirely predictable umpiring which visibly deflates the team, stalls our momentum and leaves players even more uncertain than they already are. EFC might well be its own worst enemy… we hardly need umpire ‘support’ to play our worst, but it’s not like the AFL/umpires even allow us a level playing field to fail on our own merits…

As far as I’m concerned, the winds of radical change couldn’t blow quickly or strongly enough through Tullamarine, but us ‘same olds’ don’t seem capable of looking beyond our navels to a worthwhile on-field future.

Yet, I am compelled by hope to commit my membership again and again for another soul-less season!

8 Likes

Agree with that but this club could trade in Dustin martin and nat fyfe and would still be average. It’s just a ■■■■ loser culture that turns anyone with talent into average footballers. Similar to melbourne and carlton but even ■■■■■■■.

1 Like

tenor (2)
For the Bombers Woosha was sadly the Ray Charles of coaching. He has all the talent but same old lines at press conferences.

1 Like

Sadly this is probably the least enthusiastic I’ve ever been about our prospects. There was always a glimmer of hope even throughout the darkest days of the saga. That glimmer has evaporated this year. We put everything into this current list and we didn’t get close. Traded so many quality players in for no net gain. We’re not rebuilding, but not contending either.

The worst position to be in.

3 Likes

The only constants in our 15+ years of poo… Dods and the coteries

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/afl-club-coteries-have-been-around-for-decades-and-exert-plenty-of-influence/news-story/126aab62c385415f87a20ba1b3ab1788

I’m an AFL member so I won’t hand mine in, but I can do the next best thing. I have 3 nephews/nieces who have one parent Essendon and my MIL told me to organise memberships for them. I told her don’t worry about get them into soccer or pick the team their other parent follows.
My sisters husband is a huge Collingwood fan and I told my sister just get their future kids Collingwood memberships.

Most people here are going to re-sign next year and the club knows that. So the only thing to do is to make sure you don’t heap this misery onto anyone else, probably the best way to punish the club.

3 Likes

If this was your partner you wouldn’t put up with this behaviour, you would try to effect change via communication and negotiation and if that didn’t work, you give them the flick. It is like an abusive relationship, me abusing me. Nothing seems to change with this club. Same old, same old.

We do not even have to tank, we are headed toward the bottom, no mojo, and the players are just making up numbers. We as a club, are going nowhere this year or, any year unless changes happen and we cull and rebuild and reset. Until then, we’re done. Nearly twenty years of see-sawing and merrygorounds. I’m dizzy and b11oody tired.

Yep that’s me. What’s worse is taking the young fella along who hasn’t seen success in his lifetime. He is already leaning towards the Lions. Going to lose a whole generation of supporters to the extent that come 2030 we will be a North or St Kilda.

4 Likes