Lets Go Surfin' Now , Everybody's Learnin' How ......... C'mon A Safari With The Bombers!

So, who’s been to Urbnsurf (next door to the hanger). I’d like to take my kids for a lesson with me.

1 Like

I’d love to try it and hang five.

2 Likes

Toes on the nose Heather, toes on the nose.

Given her circumstances in order to balance properly with her toes on the nose she’ll probably also have to keep her nose on the tail.

Yup.

It’s awesome.

Intimidating at first but once you get the hang of it and release you won’t get sucked in to the vortex it’s a great time. The hour flys by and you are exhausted.

Different sessions have different levels of waves.

But for a family it costs $$$$$.

Cheaper than the real thing though.

Gear
Holiday house
Waiting in the line up
Bleached hair tips

Was hoping to get my kids standing up, and a bit smarter in the surf so that when we go to the real thing they can be more self sufficient.

How much mate?

Renting a house sure costs, but the way regional holiday house markets are going they are making money pretty fast. Where we go to the coast, empty block prices have doubled, one house sold to an offer above the asking price (to keep out competition) and one place was sold sight unseen (in the flesh) during lockdown. Be interesting what happens as the pandemic fades.

In Lorne on the weekend a house went $1M over the reserve. (Sale price $4.85M) A couple others $100K+ over reserve. Admittedly it could have been under quoted, and I think it was a deceased estate so they wanted to sell.

Prices there have doubled in the last 3-5 years, and WFH has just added fuel to the fire. Some of these places are finite with their town boundaries, so you only have to add a few extra interested parties in each price range and it goes bananas.

Yeah, take a zero off that for where I am talking! But proportionally it’s similar rise, and WFH is a factor as is no cheap trip to Bali, or skiing in Japan, or whatever was your fancy… empty blocks used to be dime a dozen, now are hens teeth and nearly double last year’s asking when they do appear…

1 Like

It depends on the session. Peak/off peak and what type of wave.

Mine was $79 bucks for the 1 hour intermediate session.

I have my board and wetsuit.

1 Like

I’ve got all my own boards and wetsuits so it’s just the petrol and a pie from the bakery every time I want to go.

But it sure is handy, close and consistent so you are guaranteed a good wave.

2 Likes

Plus if you go for a surf at Tulla you can drop in and see the bombers train

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. I live 700m from crappy Beach breaks or a 5 minute drive to super crowded points on the Gold Coast. I was in Melbourne last week

The title of this thread is horrendous.

1 Like

Yet somehow still not the worst … :smile:

“How many goal Joe Daniher kick” is up there.

1 Like

Anyone know what the wait is for a booking time. Down from the Gold Coast and checked it out. Looks good enough to have a go.

Last I checked you can just book any time you want that’s available.

Only need to choose your skill level and left or right

1 Like

Advanced for barrells on the right lol

1 Like