Lib spill on again

Getting hammered in the polls probably isn't helping. Getting caned in this by-election would not be good for him.

What, in your view, has Turnbull has done wrong? They lumped him in that portfolio which, with the LNP fibre-to-nowhere-in-particular policy, was always going to be a hard sell.

What has he done wrong?
Err, lets see -
*letting the ABC run riot,
*not sacking Mark Scott who has proven incompetent on almost every level,
*not reigning in the duplication costs for the ABC and SBS. Why they have four TV stations each with two of them replicating each other is beyond me?
*not doing anything with the NBN. Either junk it or commit to it.
*Continual leaking to the press.
*Not being true to conservative voters values and beliefs.

Other than that, he’s been terrific…

Are you suggesting they take away ABC2? If that happens, I will personally hunt down those responsible and hang them from their heels. ABC Kids (ABC2 during the day) is a lifeline for parents not prepared to pay for Murdoch’s Monopoly called Foxtel. As a parent of a 1 and 3 year old it is what keeps me (and my wife) in the land of the sane.

You have my sword.

Mine too

And my Canaanite sickle sword.

Well, not really, but I like old weapons so I thought I’d join in.

Abbott sack Turnbull?

Why not?
He adds zero value to the portfolio and to the Coalition as a whole.

If by zero value you mean the parties only chance at holding government, then sure.

Right - so Greens and Labor voters are going to switch to the Coalition if Turnbull is the leader.
And the Coalition won’t lose any votes either.

Turnbull would be an absolute disaster for the Coalition electorally.

Leadership challenge rumours have momentum of their own. Journos get so excited about that sort of thing that they focus on it monomaniacally so much that the govt simply can't get their message out about anything else, and the more stories about leadership, the more the perception of crisis goes.

Exactly the same thing appened to Gillard - she just couldn’t get the old ‘clear air’ and got leadership-rumoured out of existence. Abbott has the advantage there in that the Murdoch papers are kinda on his side rather than actively trying to undermine him, but even their support has limits. If Abbott looks like he’s not going to turn it around in time for the Libs to win the next election, Murdoch will dump him like a hot potato in favour of Morrison or someone.

The amount of otherwise sane people who think Murdoch is some sort of evil controller of Australian politics is hilarious.

Getting hammered in the polls probably isn't helping. Getting caned in this by-election would not be good for him.

What, in your view, has Turnbull has done wrong? They lumped him in that portfolio which, with the LNP fibre-to-nowhere-in-particular policy, was always going to be a hard sell.

What has he done wrong?
Err, lets see -
*not reigning in the duplication costs for the ABC and SBS. Why they have four TV stations each with two of them replicating each other is beyond me?

Are you suggesting they take away ABC2? If that happens, I will personally hunt down those responsible and hang them from their heels. ABC Kids (ABC2 during the day) is a lifeline for parents not prepared to pay for Murdoch’s Monopoly called Foxtel. As a parent of a 1 and 3 year old it is what keeps me (and my wife) in the land of the sane.

More thinking of ABC3 and ABC4.
If either were run on a commercial basis, then I’m sure they would be shut down. Ditto SBS2, SBS3 and SBS4.

What has he done wrong?
Err, lets see -

If either were run on a commercial basis, then I’m sure they would be shut down. Ditto SBS2, SBS3 and SBS4.

Hey! don’t touch NITV

What has he done wrong?
Err, lets see -

My daughter watches ABC3 all the time and I watch SBS 2 quite a bit, their alternative programming (not the nudie stuff) is better than the other FTA’s crap such as “Restaurant Revolution”. Seriously they FTA’s have fallen apart. No wonder I illegally download.

What has he done wrong?
Err, lets see -

Your child should have an appropriate curriculum of educational and recreational scheduling including morning babychinos after their classical piano lesson, playtime with their abacus, sporting recreation and then further tutorial and educational pursuits delivered by a Nanny from the Steiner School persuasion. Television and technology will rot your child’s brain in the early years I tell you.

What has he done wrong?
Err, lets see -

I’m sure they do just as well as the Home Shopping Network, or…I dunno, show out of thin air, could be anything, just throwing a dart here, The Bolt Report.

with SBS having given up the soccer rights I’m not sure what the purpose of the station is… :slight_smile:

Abbott sack Turnbull?

Why not?
He adds zero value to the portfolio and to the Coalition as a whole.

If by zero value you mean the parties only chance at holding government, then sure.

Right - so Greens and Labor voters are going to switch to the Coalition if Turnbull is the leader.
And the Coalition won’t lose any votes either.

Turnbull would be an absolute disaster for the Coalition electorally.

There are people who swing that would vote for the Libs if Turnbull was leader and would not go near them with a barge poll if it was Abbott, come on, every preferred leader poll under the sun paints that picture as clear as day. In fact Morgan said 22.2 per cent of Liberal Voters would not vote for the party next election with Abbott in charge but would with Turnbull.

What has he done wrong?
Err, lets see -

Your child should have an appropriate curriculum of educational and recreational scheduling including morning babychinos after their classical piano lesson, playtime with their abacus, sporting recreation and then further tutorial and educational pursuits delivered by a Nanny from the Steiner School persuasion. Television and technology will rot your child’s brain in the early years I tell you.

Meh. Like father, like child.

What has he done wrong?
Err, lets see -

My daughter watches ABC3 all the time and I watch SBS 2 quite a bit, their alternative programming (not the nudie stuff) is better than the other FTA’s crap such as “Restaurant Revolution”. Seriously they FTA’s have fallen apart. No wonder I illegally download.

Quality is irrelevant although in saying that some of the stuff on SBS is just puerile.

What has he done wrong?
Err, lets see -

I swear there are new useless commercial channels being added every couple of months that I choose to ignore.

What has he done wrong?
Err, lets see -

Meh. Like father, like child.

:slight_smile: that was completely sarcastic. My kids had it running throughout the day as well. My youngest is now 5 so only recently did we get to switch it off thankfully :slight_smile:

What has he done wrong?
Err, lets see -

Quality is irrelevant although in saying that some of the stuff on SBS is just puerile.

Quality is paramount when its publically funded.

Turdball might be socially progressive, for a Catholic anyway, but he’s an economic dry and one of the key economic rationalists who have pushed for and achieved the destruction of our car industry etc etc. From an economic viewpoint he’s much more of an economic rationalist than Hockey or Abbott(who’s more of an economic vacuum - Costello did warn people). When lib leader he was consistently opposed to Rudd’s Keynesian style pump priming of the economy, that saved us from a recession, and even his self destructive support for a carbon trading scheme was more economically rationalist than the “Direct Action” handouts Abbott stupidly has adopted.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/malcolm-turnbull-urges-end-to-propping-up-inefficient-industries/story-fn59niix-1226430395646

Name on likeable, relatable politician.

That’s the problem with complaining about leadership and being forced to vote for any of them.

That’s the problem with complaining about leadership and being forced to vote for any of them.

Daytripper likes and relates to Tony Abbott.

Correct - I think he’s a genuine, caring bloke.

For whatever reason the luvvies absolutely loath him (perhaps because he is the antithesis of their mostly privileged, bubble lifestyle) and their hate is so irrational its bordering on parody.

In any case, this desire to ‘like’ politicians is a bit juvenile if you ask me. They are there to do a job and to do it properly. Who cares if they are likeable…

Correct - I think he’s a genuine, caring bloke.

For whatever reason the luvvies absolutely loath him (perhaps because he is the antithesis of their mostly privileged, bubble lifestyle) and their hate is so irrational its bordering on parody.

In any case, this desire to ‘like’ politicians is a bit juvenile if you ask me. They are there to do a job and to do it properly. Who cares if they are likeable…

What do you think of Dutton Trip?