Lid Off 2018 - See It Before It's Too Late

You missed Irish

1 Like

Walla just looks like a player made for grand final day doesnā€™t he.

2 Likes

I had him on the list, but thought Iā€™d give him another year to develop his craft to AA elite.

But you answered my question, Iā€™m being too conservative. BJ might have a break out year too.

1 Like

10 AAā€™s should be enough to win the flag I think

2 Likes

Also should consider Saad in the running.
Small backs an easier AA spot than mid or KP, if they donā€™t go the traditional ā€œspot reserved for someone from a dud team with no other AAā€™sā€ eg Melbourne, Fark Carlton, Saints etc

Yes he was on my less conservative list too. So letā€™s go with 13 AA

Potential AA EFC players in 2018

Joe Daniher
Zach Merrett
Michael Hurley
Dyson Heppell
Jake Stringer
Cale Hooker
Orazio Fantasia
Walla
Devon Smith
Andy McGrath
Brendan Goddard
Conor McKenna
Adam Saad

That makes 7 who have already achieved AA, over half of the above list already having been AA.

Maybe we could double the number we already have if we throw in Zaka if he has a great year.

2 Likes

13?

Your pessimism is not welcome in this thread, gloomer.

5 Likes

So we will definitely add Zaka. Make it 14.

2 Likes

I love lid off.

How.many days til we smash the Crows at Etihad and announce ourselves?

Go Bombers!

1 Like

Hooker is a very good forward, but I donā€™t he can be an AA as a forward with a few clearly ahead of him. Maybe AA squad at best. one of the premier forwards. AA squad at worst.

Iā€™d be staggered if McGrath makes it in the AA squad this year. Heā€™s only in his second season (not that it is unprecedented) but I doubt he can jump a couple of levels to be at Zerrettā€™s level this year. Itā€™d be awesome if I was wrong, though! didnā€™t make it in the AA this year. Just looking at him in one of the training clips, heā€™s already at Zerretā€™s level! A Brownlow smoky.

Do you need someone to explain to you the concept of lid off?

3 Likes

Geelong had 9 in 2007 when they won the flag. I think this is the most ever. If we get 10 AAs and donā€™t win the flag then that would be somewhat disappointing. But itā€™ll no doubt spur the club and this site to take it on the chin and try harder in 2019.

Fixed. Better?

3 Likes

Itā€™s preseason. There is no lid.

Lid gets found after round 1.

no it wonā€™tā€¦it will we somewhere in the sky over etihad.

Against the Crows Essendon win the arm wrestle with a 7 goal last term.
They go to WA and get over the line against a persistent Freo.
Before making a statement of intent by dominating the Dogs.
Essendon will have a 18:4 season, finishing top of the ladder.
And dominate the finals series with 7+ goal wins.
Before taking out the big one by 39 points.
Merrett for the Norm Smith, Brownlow double.
Joe the Coleman.
Matt Guelfi the Rising Star.
Essendon will kick the most goals ever in an AFL season
Theyā€™ll have 10 All Australians
Essendon will win the next 3 flags

9 Likes
9 Likes

Just to be clear, and seeing as youā€™ve already mentioned winning the 2018 GF, are you saying the next 3 after 2018 (therefore 4 in a row), or are you including 2018 in the 3?

2 Likes
7 Likes

RD 1 - Crows
RD 2 - Freo away

Must say not feeling that confident Crows smashed us twice last season and we seem to strugle in Perth.