Lid on 2018 - have we gone to soon? Nervously hanging out for Friday

WE’RE BACK!

7 Likes

You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done!

Jackets has just opened the lid.

1 Like

Got everyone we were after in the trade period. No excuses next season. Must win a final.

One final in particular.

4 Likes

/end thread. Over to lid off.

Lid on was so 2017…

I never said we should have it on in 2018.

EDIT: There is a Lid off 2018 thread already, feel free to lock mods.

Is this the lid on thread for this year

1. Laverde interrupted preseason (again)
  2. top pick gone back home for personal leave
2 Likes

Ive missed all the pre season fun hiding in a corner because victory are a steaming pile of ■■■■ this season. Are we lid on or off this season

Aka: two non best 22 players won’t be playing for a while

1 Like

If you can’t get lid on about a 3rd year top 10 pick not even being at the club, this might not be the thread for you.

2 Likes

We’re f-rked.

2 Likes

Missed you stal <3

1 Like

We’ve got a big season ahead of us @scotty21 with Hodge coming out of retirement.

1 Like

Already got it saved on my new phone

1 Like

Made is easy by going to just as big of a ■■■■ club

1 Like

I’m a firm believer that you know in most cases whether a young player (particularly a first round pick) is gonna make it after their first year. You just know.

Examples:
Heppell - yep
Fanta - yep
Merrett - yep
McGrath - yep
Parish - yep
Hurley - yep
Francis - nope
Laverde - nope
Myers - nope
Langford - nope (controversial)
etc etc

I know there are many exceptions to this rule (Watson) however I reckon it’s right most of the time.

So when two players I’ve already written off are injured I don’t really mind too much. If McGrath or Hurley get injured I’ll be right in this thread with you, don’t worry…

2 Likes

so begleys a lock?

Yep