LID ON 2018 - lacking the grunt to open the jar

stay in the lid off thread

Who on the playing list has actually improved from last year to this year?

Has our game style improved to make it harder to beat us?

Do you truly believe that Worsfold has what it takes to shake up the club and bring us back up the ladder?

I hope these are the questions the board is discussing at their next meeting. Because when our season officially ends against Melbourne the supporter base will damn sure want answers

Devon smith
Saad

Players like Lav and Raz haven’t gone backwards which is a positive.

Myers hasn’t gone backwards either

Oh, I say, old man.
Steady on.

2 Likes

I didn’t really count smith and saad as this is their first year.

The big problem is as a playing group they seem to pick and choose when to show up and put in.

When things go bad,none of our leadership group seem to stand up and lead. Seems like they get no direction from the coaches during the game and they are left to sort it out themselves

1 Like

Read my post again, I was taking the ■■■■. Lav hasn’t gone backwards? He hasn’t played

1 Like

No leadership. No talisman to stand up when the pressure is on. No match day plan b. Tackles don’t stick. Disposal skills rubbish. I have supported this lot since early 70s and the efforts against the Dogs and our ANZAC day opponents have been down there with the worst. We have major systemic problems. And I get sick and tired of the post match cliches. Want to be a great club. Really? Who would say anything but that? Give us something. Had a gutful.

Gee you blokes are legends. Why don’t you flop them out and see who’s is bigger?

2 Likes

Nah not legends, just right.

Remmeber that the next time you feel the need to be smuggly condescending and more inportanrly , wrong

Those two or whatever drafts we got banned from really starting to show now,

Nope, we still did ok draft wise. People will use that as an excuse when in actual fact or problem is the development of players and the coaching staff in general.

1 Like

Our development coaches have been inexperienced coaches, who are also developing to become coaches.

No wonder our development hasn’t been great.

We don’t rate it.

We don’t even truly know if our drafting has been any good, becuase the ball-less match committee never play them for any extended period of time. So we end up keep guys for years longer than we should because we don’t know if they are up to it or not

that thread is so far buried we will need an excavators licence to dig it up.

2 Likes

Time for the “happy clapper” phrase to be replaced. They disparagingly call realists “gloomers”.

Its part of what has been wrong with the club culture the last 15 years is never acknowledging there is a problem, and finding excuses for anything.

I suggest “crappy clappers” is more appropriate.

Against the 71 point loss to the Tigers, Stringer,Saad,and having a great season Smith, were some of our better players.

Take these three out of the side right now and do a best 22.

Lid farking On.

Im suggesting we use the rest of the season to thoroughly test the list out for the most effective cull and trade period at the end of the year.
If this culminates in getting a top 5-7 pick, so be it.

I think its coaching hey. The tiges have their top liners, but a lot of just solid performers playing like a team.

Dimma has his team doing exactly what he wants.

1 Like

Posted it in another thread, thought I was in here.

Since 2010, we have come a full circle, scrap into the final the previous year, get smashed, stink it up the following season. In that time we haven’t won a final nor have we bottomed out (properly).

We are miles and miles and miles off the pace and unless we bail this draft (lol) and develop properly (bigger lol) we will be like this for another cycle. We have become everything we mocked all those years ago, mocking the dogs, tigers, demons and saints.

Must be the seven year cycle, except we’ve had to do it nearly three times to wake up and understand it. We’re not there yet.