LID ON 2018 - lacking the grunt to open the jar

This club makes me sick

Please take Anzac Day off us

3 Likes

There’s a lot going wrong that needs to be addressed,

1. The quality of the list isn’t anywhere near where we would like it to be. Our skill level and ability to make decisions under pressure is 3rd rate at best. This group goes to water under any sort of defensive pressure and the opposition know it. I know for a fact that within the industry we are being seen as “vulnerable” in the clinches and mentally can’t take the heat. Trying more best not to use the “soft” term.
    Furthermore, now that its clear as day that we aren’t in any sort of window of success its time accept that we still have a lot deadwood on this list that must be turned over and we aren’t going to achieve anything by playing them. The likes of J.Merrett, Myers, Baguley (thanks for putting your body on the line every week), Dea, Green, McKernan just aren’t up to it and we need to find out what our young guys can offer so we can make calls either way on them too.

2. Worsfold needs help in the box. I am one that gave my full support to the club in the appointment of Woosha and still believe he has something to offer, but as a game day coach he is being easily out coached. Our players can only win one way, look confused out there, and seem to be incapable of performing to the role that Woosha would like them to. There is currently no plan B when it isn’t working.
    Opposition analysts are earning an easy keep against us.

3. From the outside it looks like a few of our players seem to be pretty comfortable strutting around earning their pay cheque. We haven’t achieved ■■■■ in 17 years. We’ve got players that love the hollywood stuff but just won’t do the basics.

1 Like

Carlisle was right

3 Likes

At what point do you think Devon Smith ponders what he’s done to his career? I reckon round 14.

1 Like

check back sunday.

2 Likes

I’m an optimist.

1 Like

Yes but are you eternal?

1 Like

So so depressing. Is this the earliest we have to call our season (apart from 2016)

Same ■■■■, new year.

Fish rots at the head. Need CEO to go and take the under performing football department with them

called it after the richmond pre-season game

have gone 3 steps backwards after one step forward in 2017

how we’ve turned over multiple lists and still have the same unaccountable (won’t chase their opponent) attitude across most of the team is beyond comprehension

do we recruit lazy paycheque footballers or do we train into normal footy players an acceptance of mediocrity?

Andy McG is now even going backwards

It has been the same tactic to beat Essendon for almost 20 years

As soon as you get the ball run your players forward and know most of Essendons midfield won’t even bother to keep up because they’re slow / are ■■■■■■■■ and then kick easy goals because Essendons defenders are overwhelmed with players and free space

What the ■■■■ is wrong with this club and how do we turn it around?

1 Like

might just take time.

but still think we are short an a grade complete big bodied midfielder or two.

Heppell is not. Start a drinking game…skoll your beer everytime Hepp turns it over.

when I talk a complete mid. im looking at a Josh kelly,martin,dangerfield,Omeara,Hanneberry,crouch etc.

ZMerrett but with a bit more aize about him.

hopefully we have that future star on our list.

Club has accepted mediocrity from its players and football department, it’s time us supporters deliver mediocrity as well. Mediocre membership numbers, crowd numbers, gate takings, viewership, merchandise sales. Maybe then Campbell will take notice of us

3 Likes

Weld the lid on, lock the jar in a vault and bury it in 6ft of concrete. Dig it up in about 25 years and see then. This club is ■■■■■■

But but but we’re a big Victorian club that plays the big game and we “do Anzac Day so well” (whatever that means)

I was stupid enough to think this off season that maybe we were turning the corner. Solid trading, attracting players, good team on paper, expecting natural improvement in 2018.

Man how wrong was I?

1 Like

Yesterday I wanted the entire club sacked.

I was a bit harsh.

BJ can stay given he gave a well deserved spray to the show ponies.

4 Likes

Did MrHeff keep up his good behaviour?

1 Like

Gee, it’s warm and cozy in here.

what you’re one of those share it around types?

Let see how many want to turn out for the Kangaroos and the Gold Coast Suns on Anzac day eh?

give it a farkin rest.

Stop eating your own you lay abouts.

1 Like

I too was labelled the usual ■■■■ after saying the same thing about the richmond game.

Its only a preseason game
Then it wad only rd 2

now people (minus the absolute dense of the dense who were dropped on the head as babies, o purpose, cough deckam, bloods etc cough)
Can see its not just a one off , its just a continued theme from years of doing the same ■■■■.

Some of us can actually see what is happening , and ee get mocked, abused and labelled everything derogatory under the sun.

2 Likes