Lil Hepp Hype Thread

Prob not right thread but what are peoples thoughts on Nash Hxxxxxx? Love the endeavour and his attack, too short and maybe slow for AFL? He is only 18/19 years of age. 2018 maybe?
You're right. There is no thread for it .. there is no Nash Hxxxxxx...
Shhhhhhhh…
I wonder if our list has room on it for both Dea and Little Hepp?

I would take lil hepp every Dea of the week. :*

Prob not right thread but what are peoples thoughts on Nash Hxxxxxx? Love the endeavour and his attack, too short and maybe slow for AFL? He is only 18/19 years of age. 2018 maybe?
You're right. There is no thread for it .. there is no Nash Hxxxxxx...
Shhhhhhhh…

At least i hid my question in a unrelated thread

Baguely replacement in a few years?

Probably seen eight games of his this year and plenty more in the past two and just astounded at his improvement. Was always an honest trier but has gained a tonne of pace and is tearing it up in the VFL. Can see no way he’s not on an AFL list next year and I hope it’s ours.

Probably seen eight games of his this year and plenty more in the past two and just astounded at his improvement. Was always an honest trier but has gained a tonne of pace and is tearing it up in the VFL. Can see no way he's not on an AFL list next year and I hope it's ours.

Last year I thought he was slower than his brother.
Where does he sit now in terms of pace?

Baguely replacement in a few years?

I want Morgan to develop into the Baguley replacement, purely because he has the pace (allegedly)…and we don’t have many pacey lockdown small defenders…

But I think that pace issue is the ONLY question mark on AHepp…

He doesn’t look particularly slow to me and definitely has more pace than Dyson. Just love his ability to stick a tackle, find a way to spoil, smother, etc. Goes back with courage when it’s his turn, too. Doesn’t have the vision or the silk of his brother but I definitely see potential as a Bags replacement in a back pocket.

Probably seen eight games of his this year and plenty more in the past two and just astounded at his improvement. Was always an honest trier but has gained a tonne of pace and is tearing it up in the VFL. Can see no way he's not on an AFL list next year and I hope it's ours.

Last year I thought he was slower than his brother.
Where does he sit now in terms of pace?

He had genuinely made Dyson look like Paddy Dangerfield in the past, was like he was running on a treadmill but this year he’s come back an absolute beast and covers the ground very well and pace is suddenly an asset. His ferociousness might just make him look quicker than he is. It’s a mystery to me how it could turn around like that but who’s complaining.

I just think he reads the play very well, and never gives up even if there is only a very small chance his effort is rewarded.

Has the habit of being in the right place at the right time, and doing enough to stifle the opposition attack.

Don’t know if it can translate to AFL level, but he is a ripper at VFL level, and you’d have to think he’s going to get his chance.

Rookie list him, if nothing else. Deserves a shot. His desperation and attack on the ball and man are second to none. I could see him taking over the Bags type role down back easily. Would be nice to have another couple of brothers playing together in the team.

I wonder if our list has room on it for both Dea and Little Hepp?
It would probably be too much to have Baguley, Hibberd, Gleeson, Ashby, Dea and HeppA all on our list. But, Hibberd may go, and even if he doesn't, I think I prefer both Dea and maybe HeppA to both Gleeson and Ashby. It depends on how well HeppA can make the step up to AFL level, which is a bit of a guess. But my guess is that he would make the transition very well. He isn't an Edwards type who looks a million dollars, but can't get the ball, and makes terrible decisions when he does get it. He is one helluva competitor who wins man on man contests for the ball time after time. That sort of ball winning competitive ability is what you can't develop if you haven't got it. He is very like Baguley for mine.

I don’t think anyone would offer us anything for Ashby, but if we were able to get a pick in the forties or so for Gleeson, and then get HeppA and Dea as late picks or as rookies, it would be a bonus.

Such a solid run with defender, just never gives in

Could he become a tagger?

Do they have them anymore? (Well other than to shut down Zaka)

Could he become a tagger?

Don’t think so, personally, but I can see him move into the guts.

Inside mid in the making.

Inside mid in the making.

Hep Hep hooray…

I’ll pack my bag

Has someone posted this yet:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/localfooty/essendon-vfl-defender-aaron-heppell-hoping-to-emulate-older-brother-dyson-and-earn-afl-opportunity/news-story/12b10128796c1fd73884d381a08099ae