List build - where are we? Where are we going next (Part 1)

Patton is exactly what we need… is it a gamble? Absolutely, but the payoff would be immense.

Well, they might if they only have to pay that for one year, and they get him for peanuts. Bulldogs probably have heaps of list space.

There’s another GWS KPF, Zach Sproule who plays a lot like Finlayson as that mobile type on their rookie list. He’d be pretty cheap if we wanted some more depth or someone younger to replace Brown.

0 games, rookie listed and a knee injury? Sign me up!

2 Likes

So we can afford Patton but not Draper…gtfo.

1 Like

Would rather back in Stewart to improve than go with Patton.

Both gave injury clouds so I don’t see the difference.

Patton has played in a side with some of the best and classiest mids delivering to him and alongside some of the best forwards in the comp and has barely been much more than serviceable.

Pass.

2 Likes

Patton and Coniglio as a swap for Daniher would be ok

i watched a 2017 highlights package of stewart.
man do we miss that player. from the little evidence last year, i can’t see stewart being the player to lessen the burden on stringer. if anything they both are probably suited to that 3rd medium/tall ish forward role, and stringer has him covered in that area.

if only draper didn’t go down, it’d almost be worth trying draper in the ruck and belly as a full time forward. he doesn’t fit the endurance part, but we’d really only need him to create a contest for the most part on those long bombed blind high balls forward.
not saying patton is the answer.

I wish we’d stop shopping for players from other clubs. Happy with our previous trade additions but we need some younger types to add to our ageing list.
In my opinion we need some gun key forwards.
I understand they don’t grow on trees but if Dodoro can hit the target we can build around it.
What we’d give for two gun, consistent forwards ala Lloyd/Lucas.
I hate to suggest it but FC are on the correct path with Curnow and McKay.

Also more speedy crumbers required.

1 Like

Having a chat with a friend today, and an interesting point came up. We may have too many good depth players! lol.

No, but seriously, you’d think Myers, Bags, and Long would be gone. Draper has to be promoted after three years on the rookie list. So that leaves us with only 2 ND picks. That’s before trying to find room for Snelling (Houlihan?). Other players ify to stay on are mostly on the rookie list (e.g. Dea). You have to take 3 ND picks, although Draper being promoted counts as one.

So we may be in the “bad” position of not having many picks because our kids are very good. :slight_smile:

Obviously all changes if someone asks to be traded.

I would not be shocked if Langford moves on. Not saying he should and we should, just saying I would not be surprised. We won’t keep everyone.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised either.

Hurley is another that may attract some interest from a club like GC, who need some onfield support.

I can see both Houlahan and Mutch being placed on the rookie list should we need to find a few list spots.

2 Likes

Unless a Saga player wants to be traded we should let them play out their career with us

1 Like

can’t see us shipping any of them off, but the Sun’s may give him an offer that’s too good at his age and injury profile.

If we keep Snelling does he go on the main list or rookie list?

Don’t they become delisted free agents. So we could offer him a rookie spot, but another club would be free to offer a main list and pinch him.

We only had 39 on the main list at the start of this year, so there is essentially one extra spot available (obviously that means getting rid of 1 rookie position, but that’s easy)

1 Like

No idea. It will be interesting to see what we do. I imagine a decision wouldn’t have been made on him (and a few others) yet, so a big 6 or 8 (actually 10 til the Grand final isn’t it?) weeks coming up for a few guys

Ridley a possibility to want opportunity elsewhere.