List build - where are we? Where are we going next (Part 1)

PA and their supporters seem to think they can just deem it to be so. Pittard for Raz. What a great deal! …wait the other side don’t think it is such a great deal… Maybe Pittard and two first round picks for Raz. They owe us for the Judas deal.

pittard for raz, is like freo trading us the picks that ended up being lloyd and lucas.

■■■■■■■ stupid inbred adelaidians.

Pittard has re-signed for 3yrs with port

5 Likes

LOL

THANK GOD.

1 Like

Excellent!

She’s hot

Wallis just came off a major knee injury. No thanks

If by “just” you mean he came back in April, has played 12 AFL games this year and will be fine for a full preseason, then sure… just.

1 Like

Lions big into Irish is a rumor floating on Big footy, Have doubled our offer apparently.

Hearsay but though I’d comment

Well of course. Wouldn’t be a real Essendon player re-signing if there wasn’t someone overinflating the price.

My own peculiar logic I will lay claim to, as we all can. I included Ambrose on the basis we may have never picked him without the departure of Crammers.

“Ambrose has been seen by many at Essendon as a like-for-like replacement for Stewart Crameri, who was traded to the Western Bulldogs in the off-season.”

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-03-20/bombers-elevate-ambrose

You are right, I am happy take Morgan out of the equation for Carlisle and see Franga as the substance of the the trade as the pick 5 Jackets worked so hard for.

I don’t see your logic in discounting the departure of Gumbleton creating the list spot and the pick that was used for Raz. We stopped picking new players in the main draft after that pick, upgrading Dalgleish with the next pick at 64. Without Gumby going and without his pick I don’t see how you could be sure we could have picked up Raz.

It was actually a broken leg. Not knee.

So you’d rather prestia and caddy over Dangerfield? Playing devils advocate, look at what Dangerfield did with Geelong last year

I would argue Richmond’s improvement has come about 90% from outside pace. They got rid of a few slower guys, and now pick the likes of Castagna and Rioli and Lambert who are a lot more damaging. They were just about the slowest (decent) side last year but they went and made serious improvement to their outside run and pace. 5th least bounces last year, 3rd most this year.

Caddy is still dross.

You’d love to have Dangerfield in the team no doubt. You’d love to have Kelly or Fyfe

But i stand by what I said. When it comes to midfielders, 2 quality players is better than a superstar. Especially if your low on rotations through the midfield.

IMO I don’t think it’s great for a young team to have a guy that can single handedly win the game off his own boot every week. While we haven’t had this situation since Hird, and some degree Watson… I think many times the team is ‘one player centric’.

If that play is shut down, it’s game over. Even if the game plan doesn’t revolve around this player, the team will still want to get it in his hands.
it’s better that the team learn to win as a unit, so injuries and individual poor games don’t destroy a whole season.

2 Likes

I’d rather Kelly and not Caddy than anyone and Caddy.

Unless we turf Zerrett and Heppell and probably Parish and McGrath too then only having one good mid is not likely to be a problem.

1 Like

Fridge has played one game, and arguably one quarter of good football.

1 Like

To my ignorant eye our team have been running 7 defenders, 6 forwards, 1 utility, 1 ruckman and 7 midfielders.

So… 7 midfielders

Heppell
Zaharakis
Zerrett
Parish
McGrath
Langford
Myers / Colyer / Bird

If I had my choice would I rather replace one of those blokes with an elite mid, or two of them with good mids.

I think we have sufficient talent on that list to prefer the one elite.