List Management and Trading Thread

Crameri for cooney 

Bellchambers for adams

Sign sylvia on free agent 

Gumbleton for garlet 

Yeah i agree with the bottom three but Crameri HAS to stay.  Joe isnt ready and Hurley isnt developing quite as nicely as we all expected.

The rumour is that Dale Thomas has already agreed to go to North as a restricted FA if the Pies cannot match their offering. DT apparently thoroughly dislikes Figjam and is more than willing to leave. That's the rumour ATM.

early spring this year

Adams is a must… Loads better then Caddy

Not really going to speculate on what we would have to give to get them but if we could someone how get these at seasons end then I think it would make us a considerabley better side:

Small forward - Chris Yarran - reportedly on the outter at Carlton under Malthouse. He has massive potential as a small forward and gives us added speed depth in the outside mid and Hbf areas. Big question marks on his contested ball and ability to think through modern defence setups but do you back TRB to improve that area given they are they main focuses for the team? Either way, as a forward, he has the potential to be a 50goal a season small crumbing forward which we need.

Class midfielder - Taylor Adams - am I right in saying this guy reminds you of how Sylvia plays? Class ball winner who can run it out of contested situations despite not being lightning quick. A future midfield star alongside Heppell, Zaharakas, Melksham and of course the old timers in Watson, Stanton & Goddard.

Backup ruckman - Hille to go round again? Really is perfect depth as he can still play AFL at a decent level plus is an excellent leader at VFL level. Given he has 196 games atm he might like the idea of snagging 200 next year.

Then ???

It’s hard to know who won’t be on the list next year but you would hate to see Bellchambers and Crameri leave because they are best 22. Might be able to get draft currency by trading Gumbleton, Jetta, Pears. Nlm retire.

Adams is a must.. Loads better then Caddy

Yeah, Adams would be great.  Conca is another one I'd be chasing, though it's a very long shot.  Not getting offered the sort of $ he'd like by Richmond, apparently.

Both will be in very high demand if they decide to move though.

Yeah, Adams would be great.  Conca is another one I'd be chasing, though it's a very long shot.  Not getting offered the sort of $ he'd like by Richmond, apparently.

Both will be in very high demand if they decide to move though.

Conca was in the same draft as Hep wasn't he? How much money from a 3-year player be asking for that he was not receiving?

And yes, I would take Adams in a heartbeat but unless he is homesick and is desperate to come home (I assume he is Victorian) then what can we offer them (within reason)

Backup ruckman - Hille to go round again? Really is perfect depth as he can still play AFL at a decent level plus is an excellent leader at VFL level. Given he has 196 games atm he might like the idea of snagging 200 next year.

Hille's almost certain to retire you would think. It took a lot of convincing for him to play this year, including the bonus of a mid-season break.

I think we will need to grab a state leaguer as backup though.

Hille's almost certain to retire you would think. It took a lot of convincing for him to play this year, including the bonus of a mid-season break.

I think we will need to grab a state leaguer as backup though.

Maybe Gumby? ;)

We will need a back up ruckman of some sort, maybe we are top heavy in the ruck division? We have two #1 ruckmans, we desperately need a #1 and a #2.

Conca was in the same draft as Hep wasn't he? How much money from a 3-year player be asking for that he was not receiving?

And yes, I would take Adams in a heartbeat but unless he is homesick and is desperate to come home (I assume he is Victorian) then what can we offer them (within reason)

Conca was number 6 in the Heppell draft. Would happily take him off of the Tigers paws.

Not quite sure what they are lacking that we are able to get rid of? 

Adams goes without saying and I am sure we'll be amongst the plethora of clubs trying to get that done.

If Conca went anywhere it'd be back to WA, that said he is in Tigers best 22 not sure why he would go.

Adams wants to come back to Victoria, would think Geelong might be where he'd hope to get to given he is from down there but other clubs will put in bigger offers I'd imagine.

What do people think about Watts? Could we lure him to play forward for us? I knows he’s been rubbish for Melbourne for the most part but new team, good team, could start to fulfil potential.

What do people think about Watts? Could we lure him to play forward for us? I knows he's been rubbish for Melbourne for the most part but new team, good team, could start to fulfil potential.

Absolutely not. Never in 100 years. There isn't a player on our list I would trade for him. Absolute spud.

Dunno, but they had to give both Riewoldt and (I think) Martin big contracts this year, and they re-signed Cotchin as well on top of that, plus free-agenting Chaplin.  Salary cap an issue apparently (mind you, we're probably in the same boat...)

Dunno, but they had to give both Riewoldt and (I think) Martin big contracts this year, and they re-signed Cotchin as well on top of that, plus free-agenting Chaplin.  Salary cap an issue apparently (mind you, we're probably in the same boat...)

Very much in the same boat. We have 3 guys signed on for 4 years and Hurley 5, all on over 500k. That's a big chunk right there.

With Heppell and Carlisle's value set to go up markedly come next contract negotiation, we will be juggling, as is any team trying to pull a premiership aspiring list together. Will be very interesting to see how much we prune this year.

Would go for Watts if he was available for good price.

Yep. Me too Peeto.

I wouldn't mind getting Watts either.

I'd rather Conca than Adams. I like Adams, and think he will definitely be a very good player, but Conca has a touch of class that Adams lacks, and is more damaging with the ball. Adams is probably more physically developed, despite being a year younger.

I can't imagine he'd be cheap. That said, he may play for anything to get out of that rabble of a club... I haven't watched enough of him this year to judge how much he'd be worth. Where would you see him fitting in our best 22?

Yep. Me too Peeto.

Count me in as well. Could be a bargain. 

The rumour is that Dale Thomas has already agreed to go to North as a restricted FA if the Pies cannot match their offering. DT apparently thoroughly dislikes Figjam and is more than willing to leave. That's the rumour ATM.

The Suns may not believe that this rumour is true