Crameri for cooney 

Bellchambers for adams

Sign sylvia on free agent 

Gumbleton for garlet 

Crameri for cooney 

Bellchambers for adams

Sign sylvia on free agent 

Gumbleton for garlet 

I'd rather the Dog's 1st rounder in the hope of securing top Billing. IMHO We need players for the long haul.

Trade bait. Gumbleton. Davey Hardingham. Pears. Crameri. Jetta
These are the only players with any currency that other clubs may look at
Retire/ delist Hille. Lovet- Murray possibly Winderlic and 1 of above if not traded
The draft is very thin this year but must have a min of 3 draft picks so trading for a low pick is essential
I would not pick up an free agent or restricted older player
I would try and trade with GWS for one of their surplus midfielders or first or second round pick with several of our trade bait players

I would go after any Geelong or Sydney mids. They have heaps of them and more importantly they have been developed right. In terms of what we can give them all players mentioned in the first line plus Kav and collyier if we can.

crameri for ryan griffin???

Like your thinking

noone will come to essendon until after the asada stuff is done

I'll throw one out there.

I don't think Joey D will play solely forward. These days players must have more strings to their bows or they get found out. I predict he'll play the Salmon role, 80% forward, 20% ruck.

That being said, at the moment we look tall, too tall. I think it maybe the perfect opportunity to trade out some surplus talls for a star forward.

Ryder is best when he is the number 1 ruck, Joey can be groomed to support. I think we can trade a player I love in Tommy B while his value is high. But we'll need a solid backup ruckman and a former bendigo bomber, now doggy Tom Campbell might be exactly the fit. Pears is Tommy's best mate and would be handy CHB at GWS.

Gumbelton's career unfortunately looks at the end at Essendon and a trade out while teams are showing interest would be best for all parties.

I propose a 3-way trade with the bulldogs and GWS.

Essendon trade out: Bellchambers, Pears, Gumbelton, Jetta, Rd 2 Pick

GWS trade out: Pick 1 (Tom Boyd), Taylor Adams, Rd 4 Pick

Doggies trade out: Tom Campbell, Rd 1 Pick, Rd 3 Pick

Essendon trade in: GWS Pick 1 (Tom Boyd), Adams, Tom Campbell, GWS Rd 4 Pick

GWS trade in: Bellchambers, Pears, Doggies Rd 1 Pick, Doggies Rd 3 Pick

Doggies trade in: Gumbelton, Jetta, Ess Rd 2 Pick

Now obviously this is all on the assumption that we are still active in the draft this year.

Yes it's complicated, the more players involved, the more chances of a bradshaw/ritschelli/carlton style blow up. But watching how disfunctional our forward line is at the moment, I can't but salivate the prospect of a forwardline consisting of Joey D/Ryder, Hurley (swinging back), crameri and Tom Boyd with Taylor Adams (whom is homesick?) helping out in the middle with some grunt.

We still need an outside runner and may have to look at the draft or a free-agent. Nicky Del would be nice and without Belly, Jetta and Gumby on the books, I'm sure we could pay him what he asks. Yarren is another but after my proposed trades, there is nothing left to interest carlton. (plus it would kill me if we trade gumby to them and he helped them into the finals.)

Small forwards I think we're ok despite the doomsday predictors. I have faith that Deludio will come good, Davey still has a year in him, Windy will come back fitter than ever and we have a bunch of young mids that can swing forward coming through. (Davis, Merrett, Melk etc).

I expect a grilling and probably deserve it, but I think all parties get fair compensation....yea? nah? 

A small fwd in the Monfries mould and a running back in the Houli mould?

No. Not at all. Monfries was never a crumbing forward & although he's played well at Port, he's probably displaced Brett Ebert, a mid size leading forward which I believe Crameri is for us. He's by no means a crumbing forward who can apply defensive pressure at ground level. We sorely miss this when we play a couple of talls forward (Hurley and Ryder/Bellchambers). We're too top heavy if they're not marking the ball, lets face it, Hurley seldom marks out front in the hands. There's too many ground balls in our forward line being rebounded week after week as a result of this.
Houli has carvedvoutba decent career at Richmond but he still has the same flaws that will be exposed in finals. He's no good under pressure & sells out teammates when under said pressure and he's a defensive liability. His departure wasn't the fault of anyone currently at the club, but even Knights, whose focus was never defence, recognised that he hadvto defend better, hence his VFL development. He'd been starved of senior opportunity because he doesn't have the line breaking speed of Dempsey & doesn't find the defence/attack balance of a Hibberd.
For what it's worth, I think the club recognised this need with the drafting of Van Unen last year but he's barely been seen this year due to injury. Perhaps he's the one earmarked for the small defender role to allow a Hibberd or Dempsey to play more midfield time?
We need a Garlett type to crumb and apply forward pressure and a Steve Morris type to stop opposition forwards tearing us a new one. If we could land a Dale Thomas type for midfield we could continue with Pig & Dempsey at half back. Who knows, maybe Van Unen is the man to help make this possible but on exposed form, I see these as our deficiencies in the quest for #17

Some of you guys are rating the value of gumbleton and crameri way too high. Hate to admit it but even though gumbleton has to go, we wont get much for him.

You cant trade out Pears/Gumbleton/Bellchambers with Fletch likely to retire. That's four talls . Its a totally impractical suggestion.

Our of curiosity… if we lose draft picks. Can we trade for them or lose do we lose them too?

Our of curiosity.. if we lose draft picks. Can we trade for them or lose do we lose them too?

we lose them and thus have nothing to trade (no we can not trade them as we don't have them anymore).

I meant can we trade for picks if we lose our original lot…

The rumour is that Dale Thomas has already agreed to go to North as a restricted FA if the Pies cannot match their offering. DT apparently thoroughly dislikes Figjam and is more than willing to leave. That’s the rumour ATM.

2009-2011, when he was able to string together some football, Higgins played some pretty handy football. He averaged 20+ possessions and over a goal/game. In 2009 he kicked 32 goals, and was even discussed as a potential Brownlow medalist. I'm not saying he's a world-beater, but he has proven that he can produce a high standard of football. What three year stretch of football can you point to that Jetta has achieved similar results.

None, in the same way that Higgins' ancient form proves we should trade Jobe for him.
I'm of the belief we need someone genuinely quick, who genuinely lives on scraps. Higgins ain't either of those things. We've got guys who can slot in at half-forward and take short turns in the middle.

I meant can we trade for picks if we lose our original lot..

Yes, as far as I know we can.
I've no idea why anyone thinks the Dogs need or would want Jetta. McCartney puts a high priority on hardness at the contest - and they're OK in that area IMHO (Dahlhaus, Gia looks like going on, Tutt and Hrovat)

Yes, as far as I know we can.
I've no idea why anyone thinks the Dogs need or would want Jetta. McCartney puts a high priority on hardness at the contest - and they're OK in that area IMHO (Dahlhaus, Gia looks like going on, Tutt and Hrovat)

ALso, Don't know why the Dogs would want Crameri either as some people around here are suggesting. They have a good selection of Forwards and goal kicking mids...

ALso, Don't know why the Dogs would want Crameri either as some people around here are suggesting. They have a good selection of Forwards and goal kicking mids...

They've got a massive Crameri-shaped hole IMHO. Depending what they do with Stringer, and whether or not Grant is ■■■■-teasing them again.
The talls they do have are mainly really really tall and offer nothing when the ball hits the deck.

They've got a massive Crameri-shaped hole IMHO. Depending what they do with Stringer, and whether or not Grant is ■■■■-teasing them again.
The talls they do have are mainly really really tall and offer nothing when the ball hits the deck.

Agree, a fully fit and firing Crameri is a perfect fit for them ... they have smalls and talls but no-one inbetween.

Problem is a fully fit and firing Crameri is also a perfect fit for our team ... just not necessarily at FF

I think Dickson is their Crameri. Don't think they need ours.

Do you guys think this current supplement mess with Essendon will cause players to want to leave and also deter others from wanting to come anywhere near us?

I'm worried that this ongoing saga is creating an unhappy environment and eventually players will decide they have had enough of the drama they have become unwittingly involved in and want out.