List Status for 2021 - Updates

Same

it is

1 Like

It is.
But itā€™s Australian sports journalism.
All Irishmen look the same / are interchangeable.

1 Like

so we should be able to sneak Conor in for McQuillan or McBride for the odd game here and there when we need him?

1 Like

Racist

I think you may have missed that my point was all about racism in Australian journalism.
Expect to see mislabeled pics of Daw, Chol and Allir by the dozen should Majak be picked up by Port or Richmond.

1 Like

The AFL changed the rules. We can now play either of them any time we want (Cat Bs are now the same as Cat As in that respect).

1 Like

Cool your jets, mod lover

So Clarke and Gleeson can be signed by other clubs this weekend. But if not, then we can sign them early next week ā€¦

It would be controversial if they are picked up by another side, given they were delisted before the AFL announced that 2 senior players could go onto the rookie list without being delisted, as was Betts at Fark CFC.

Alternatively, might Essendon leave them dangling for other clubs to consider until our last picks in the rookie draft?

This would be in the hope that other teams take on their contracts which go to 2021.

Maybe Essendon have the fingers crossed that one or both get picked up by other clubs.

3 Likes

Updated here & at top of Thread for Stewart contract.
Summary

List 2021

Contracted;

McGrath, Parish, Langford, Smith, Merrett, Gleeson, Shiel, Francis, Zaharakis, Ridley, Hurley, Heppell, Jones, Bryan, Stringer, Hooker, Redman, Cahill, Ambrose, Zerk-Thatcher, Guelfi, Johnson, Clarke, Draper, Walla, McQuillan#, Snelling #? Laverde, Ham, Phillips, Stewart

Cutler*, NB ā€“ Still some uncertainty re Cutlerā€™s contract status. Included him to be safe / pessimistic.
Wright
Caldwell
Hind

Total 35

Uncontracted;
Mosquito

Total 36

Plus Cat B
Hird (B), McBride(B),
Indicates possible Rookie A #

36 plus 2 Cat B

2 Likes

44 allowed + cat Bā€™s yes?

Assuming Moz is def a re-sign then 7 spots to fill.

If we donā€™t auto rookie Gleeson and Clarke & they get picked up elsewhere 9 spots to fill

ā€¦

1 Like

42 + 2 Cat Bā€™s. There are 6 spots to fill plus 2 more if Gleeson and Clarke are picked up elsewhere

2 Likes

Cheers.

Iā€™ve looked it up now. Inclusive not exclusive CatBā€™s.

ā€¦

Surely, Cutler is signed, so I donā€™t think he requires an * any longer.

I think Cutler is probably signed but the club donā€™t want to say so lol

1 Like

Saving it as the big announcement for when thereā€™s really sht newsā€¦or maybe not.

Can we trade him for pick 127 on Trade Night?

1 Like

Will we be able to get a replacement player for Moz being on the LTI like we were able to do for Johnson this year.

List 2021

Contracted;
McGrath, Parish, Langford, Smith, Merrett, Shiel, Francis, Zaharakis, Ridley, Hurley, Heppell, Jones, Bryan, Stringer, Hooker, Redman, Cahill, Ambrose, Zerk-Thatcher, Guelfi, Johnson, Draper, Walla, McQuillan#, Snelling #? Laverde, Ham, Phillips, Stewart, Cutler, Mosquito
New
Wright
Caldwell
Hind
Cox
Perkins
Reid
Eyre
Brand

Rookie listed
Gleeson, Clarke

Total 41