List Status for 2021 - Updates

Question:
Cat B rookies salary don’t go under TPP.
Does it stay that way forever ?
Eg, Ambrose, Blicavs. Are their salaries exempt from the cap still?

If we can keep an extra because of Mozzie being off the list the whole year, then it’s only a reduction of 2 for us… 47 down to 45.

2 Likes

Unfortunately that won’t play - unless they keep the option of replacing some one on the LTI list with a top up - which is where Crauford came in.
AFL has yet to clarify that.
The only indication was a hard cap of 42. Plus Cat B.
Though what they do about Gold Coast and their bloated list is also unknown

So if they can’t do that, we’re still only 3 less than this year. 42+2 versus the current 47

2 Likes

Edited the first post to account for Saad & Daniher.
Firming info on list sizes 2021 also.

2 Likes

Edited now McGrath has signed

3 Likes

If they’re slow, they gotta go.

Ambrose and Blicavs were promoted to their clubs’ respective senior lists quite a while back, much as Conor McKenna was.

And Ambrose wasn’t Cat B.

I thought Cutler was contracted for 2021?

Can’t actually find a definitive answer re Cutler- he’s listed as a one year contract on several sites, and the EFC site archives from when he arrived are very coy about the length of his contract.
Any official info is welcome

1 Like

Updated for Langford signing on.

6 Likes

Just a suggestion, but shouldn’t Saad and Daniher be in a separate category of Possible/Probable Departures? And put Fantasia in that category as well? The three of them have indicated that they want to leave, but none of them is a certain departure at this stage.

Right now, the only certain departures are Bellchambers, McKenna and the six who have been de-listed.

1 Like

That list has 5 de-listings.

Saad & Daniher have clearly said they want out.
I reckon the chances of them staying is a snowball in hell.
Fantasia hasn’t actually said anything yet.

The point of this Thread was essentially to match departures against available List Spots.
That always seems a point of confusion at this time of year.

Even so, it’s a best guess against the AFL & Clubs reported List Size of 42 plus 2 Cat B.
And this has yet to be officially confirmed- thanks AFL.

1 Like

This thread isn’t to discuss who we’d like to have what done to. That is the “List Build” thread. This thread is for actual changes in the list.

3 Likes

Have we confirmed Cutler does or does not have a contract in place for next year? I am sure it was a 2 year deal

If you can find any official mention of Cutler’s contract length forward it by all means & I’ll update.
(I’d thought it was two years, but various sites/sources say one, and I can’t find a reference from the Club or elsewhere that actually says two)

1 Like

It brings me no pleasure to inform you that the ESS BF board has found this interview where he says that he’s contracted to 2021 (about 5 minutes in).

4 Likes

There is still too much confusion re where our List is actually at.
Thanks AFL as we enter November (sarcastica font)

So here’s an update of names and numbers as of the 13th November.

List 2021

Contracted;

McGrath, Parish, Langford, Smith, Merrett, Gleeson, Shiel, Francis, Zaharakis, Ridley, Hurley, Heppell, Jones, Bryan, Stringer, Hooker, Redman, Cahill, Ambrose, Zerk-Thatcher, Guelfi, Johnson, Clarke, Draper, Walla, McQuillan#, Snelling, Laverde, Ham

Cutler*, NB – Still some uncertainty re Cutler’s contract status. Included him to be safe / pessimistic.
Wright
Caldwell

Total 32

Uncontracted;

Stewart, Townsend#, Mosquito, Phillips,

Total 36*

Plus Cat B
Hird (B), McBride(B),

Rookie A #

36 plus 2 Cat B

“Negotiations are still ongoing between the AFL and AFL Players’ Association, but it’s looking increasingly likely there will be 42 players on lists in 2021 , plus up to two Category B rookies.”

2 Likes

Pretty sure Townsend is also a rookie.